or Connect

Posts by mktitsworth

LabelKing.
I figured as much. I took color samples from both the one that you've spoilered (the first picture posted) and the full length fit. All had the same taupish family. The calculations are done on a sample from the first picture however.
Interesting. Time for some science! I just did a Color grab on it using gimp and came up with this with (171, 153, 129), which translates into a hex code of #ab9981. According to here this has an HSV of (34.3, 24.6, 67.1). In short:To me this looks as much brown as grey, but that's not very conclusive, and I have at my disposal some of the most powerful image processing and mathematics software in the world. So why not use it? This isn't terribly far from either the pale...
Thanks guys. I am also ecstatic with how they came out. Props continue to go to Tony for the suggestion. Stitcheroo: Yes, they are TG73. I love this last - almost as much as I love the deco.I like the contrast stitching on these, and agree that the almond shape looks good. The rounded toe just does not a appeal to me as much. I envy your lighting though.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the suit is not grey. It's much closer in color to thisthan it is to the color of the suit in the apparel arts picture. The stripe is also lavender (probably closer to wisteria) rather than blue. Still, I thought about navy - it's what I've done with it before with other solid shirts- but navy with the blue shirt and lavender stripe seemed to put things off balance. In that case I think an indigo tie will do well, but I had to send...
I don't doubt your statement, nor am in denial as to the versatility of what can be done with navy. Nor do I think that it cannot, in and of itself, be interesting. However, my use of the word interesting has less to do with "not simple" or anything having to do with the clothing itself and more to do with "something that keeps my interest." Given that I have no other impetus for determining a personal mode of dress beyond that I find it interesting, doing something else...
This seems to have moved in a weird direction, so...First off, I appreciate the support from both of you. It makes me feel like a member who has been accepted into the community. However I am well aware that in the market of internet opinions, caveat emptor. This is also StyFo, and the candor of the offending post certainly was not above and beyond anything to be expected. If my response seemed curt, it was because the framing for my response came out of the character of...
Because it's what I wanted. My enjoyment of it is not predicated upon yours. I have yet to have any problems with it shirt/tie/sock wise. I did think blue would not work well, but the taupe does a great job of grabbing from whatever is in the shirt to pull together. I liked that the maroon of the tie played with the light blue to indirectly accent the pinstripe, though I would have preferred the tie to be silk and not herringbone. Socks are easy with it. All in all, It's...
The shirt.
You've pretty much hit hit where many of my own thoughts are. This is why I referenced the tie when clapy mentioned Fred above - I can think of at least one he owns that I think would have been better, very much in the style you've described. As to the square, I agree. As a scientist I make it a point to keep an open world view. Since has been harping cream silk, I thought I'd give it a try. Next time though I think I will pass.The cloth is, as I understand it, actually...