or Connect

Posts by mktitsworth

Always enjoy the knowledge bombs, DW.
Interesting. Any particular reason?
^This. Howl is not banned outright, but it is - to my knowledge - still challenged in school libraries and what not. There are blogposts recommending it as a good read for banned books week. I was sacrificing accuracy for expediency.
I've had a crush on Voss since she was 16.
Orange is the new black is phenomenal.
Such is the nature of the avant-garde though. Hugo Ball's performance of "Karawane" in what looks like a banana suit was absolutely unthinkable in 1916. Ginsberg's Howl for Carl Solomon had him brought up on charges. While both of these are far more meaningful cultural milestones than Chasing Amy, they both exemplify the same thing. Ball's performance would be unsurprising - even mild - to audiences today. Howl is still banned, but we now have plenty of cultural creations...
I'm not as fond of it now as I was then, but it's hard not to see why it was culturally relevant.
Kevin Smith launched the careers of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. His film "Chasing Amy" is part of the Criterion Collection. He has done some very cool stuff.
I feel vindicated.Taking time to read back through the day, I'm surprised that The Simpsons have not come up before this in the conversation. They were absolutely ground breaking, and knowledge of them is ubiquitous around the world.I would assume you're familiar with who Kevin Smith is(Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, Red State). You may (or may not) be happy to know that whenever the question of "best TV shows ever" comes up during one of his podcasts, he absolutely advocates...
Dudicus is mad serious about his java.