or Connect

Posts by Eponym

Quote: Originally Posted by SartorialConductor My parents are splitting because my mom has turned into a mean alcoholic, she was beating my dad two years ago while he was asleep. I'm the only one in my family who still talks to her,mostly she calls to tell me I'm an asshole. I'm getting married in a week and I can't let her come to the wedding because she's a loose cannon. Musician. Conductor. Teacher. Sent from iPhone Christ man,...
Quote: Originally Posted by JMRouse Woke up early so I could do my Crossfit class. God I hate being up before 10am on a Saturday. Got in to the office at 7:30 today. Last Saturday = 6:30
Quote: Originally Posted by magogian12345 I won't ever be able to cancel HBO. They just make too many good series. I love HBO Go.
Glad to hear you've got some momentum. Best of luck with this!
Measurements on the dog?
Quote: Originally Posted by bdbb The bolded portion is pretty much the worst idea ever and a recipe for failure. Successful solos usually pick two or three practice areas and market themselves that way. You're basically suggesting that he become a bottom feeder. He's not going to be good or efficient at anything, and to get good referrals, you need to refer cases to others instead of being a generalist and trying to do it all. I said the OP...
Quote: Originally Posted by munchausen Who here has done it? I've got the money saved to live on for about 6 months, I've got a space to use in the short term (i will probably do most of the work from home, but I have a space I can use to meet clients that I can pay for with a few hours of work per week), I even have a source of at least a few clients already lined up. Given these facts, what is your advice? What are mistakes I need to be on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ace_Face The biggest complaints of my colleagues in criminal defense (and domestic relations) seems to be the business of dealing with their clients, who are in the habit of lying to everyone, missing appointments, not paying on time, etc. Ahem. I don't think this problem is limited to criminal defense work or DR.
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Before spending 3 years and a boatload of money (TANSTAAFL...opportunity cost)... why don't you go work at a law firm or some other firm that works very closely with lawyers (litigation consulting, trial services, whatever)? Seems like a bit of basic research that a lot of people completely fail to do before choosing law school. Man isn't that the truth.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadeye_Dick Long time lurker, first time poster, etc. I am a current 2L at a law school located in the center of the US. Places well regionally, not well known nationally. While my grades and credentials would have gotten me on the summer associate track a few years ago, the current economy has smashed that option for all but a few at my school. I had no less than 25 interviews for a position this summer. Probably...