or Connect

Posts by twosaabs

Thank you, Tim, NickPollica and Onix. The consensus seems to be Alfred Sargent. After posting the question and pictures, I searched further on the Web. I found a few miscellaneous posts, re. 'Bowen' Men's Shoes, Made in England - all confirmed AS. As I mentioned in my post, I also picked up a pair of Trickers at the same moving sale. So far, I find the Trickers to be more comfortable. The Bowen/AS pair seem to have been hardly worn. I think the will need a good...
Would appreciate help in determining who made these Made in England shoes - I picked them up at a moving sale this weekend along with a pair of Trickers. Based on reading this forum and researching on EBAY, I went from Cheaney to C&J to AS . The label is Bowen - a chain of stores in and around Paris - who sold a line of Made in England shoes. A dealer on EBAY sells some of their shoes - ad states their made by C&J. However, on the bottom of the dealer's page, there's an...
Similar expreience to Fredrikkn. Coincidentally, I spent a few hours re-waxing two Barbour jackets yesterday - these were pretty beat up jackets my wife and I picked up cheaply at Yard Sales. I don't have a heat gun. What I did was to work one section at a time. I applyed the melted wax and then while holding a hair dryer with one hand and applying heat, I worked the wax in with a rag. They came out looking great. Because of the wipe down while using the hair dryer,...
Bump for Price Drop
Thank you, guys. I got it!
Bump For Price Drop
This question may seem obvious to most of you. I put some items up on this forum last weekend. I just did a price drop 5%+. I did it by editing my thread. Question - From all that I've read, this price drop should let me legitimately bump my thread. How do I actually do that? After editing the thread and noting the Price Drop in the title, my thread did not bump. Would appreciate help on this. Thanks in advance!
LISTING HAS ENDED - THANK YOU FOR FOR TAKING A LOOK! NOTE: I PLAN TO LIST SOME OF THESE PIECES ON OTHER VENUES IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME. WHILE I ENDED THIS LISTING, YOU CAN STILL CONTACT ME BY PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE PIECES! 2 CLASSIC CHESTER BARRIE SUITS FOR SAKS FIFTH AVENUE - NEAR NEW CONDITION BOTH SUITS - SIZE 42L/36WAIST Full Canvas. All of the hand detailing one would expect to see in a Chester Barrie Suit. The detail label...
Thanks, again Onix.
Thanks, Onix. Can you tell me anything about Bookbinder Calf. Are you familiar with this line of shoes and what their approximate original selling price was? Thanks for your help. You helped me I.D. another pair of shoes a few weeks ago. Much appreciated