or Connect

Posts by CaymanS

Lots of folks in the South spend pretty much zero time outside in the summer during the work day - it's home-car-work-car-home. In the city I live in, I am home-bus-train-work-lunch across town (often by foot)-work-train-bus-home. Needless to say, 15 oz would be suicide for a hot summer day. That said, we are sizing up a move to the burbs that would necessitate driving every day, so I'm pretty excited to join the "cloth weight agnostic" club.
*hacks Foo's PM account*Foo: Chris, am I going crazy here?Despos: Nah. Shit looks fucked the fuck up. You've seen my crispy-ass shoulder. Crispier than a Pringles potato chip right after you peel back the tennis ball cap. People don't even photograph my shit like that...but I still wouldn't let a customer leave my shop looking a hot mess like that. On principle...nahmean?Foo: Exactly, man! C'mon now, can I get some back-up? Say something - anything! I'm the lone...
All of my trousers are cut to this length! To quote Teh Master:Style Tips TROUSERS There are many schools on trouser length. In America they are often worn so that the pant leg tumbles over the shoes.Many Europeans now wear them quite short. You even show a little sock.What can I say? Perhaps we Europeans are secretly afraid of flash floods. The picture at right shows, quite literally, where I stand. I call this the Mid-Atlantic Solution since it is halfway between Europe...
The one thing I can't wrap my arms around is why, if the shoulder is indeed misshapen, commenters who are obviously knowledgeable continue to patronize NSM. These commenters include Manton, Vox, Will and many others (notably, Will had three tailors in his rotation - NSM has replaced two of them.) One obvious explanation is "Well, for 2 grand, it's good enough." I'm not satisfied by this explanation, though, because each of the three commenters I've mentioned has the...
That's quite a weight for a Hotlanta summer! Looks beautiful, though. You should post a pic wearing the suit and revive the good taste thread
To make this thread work, Foo had to start with diagrams, because it forces the reader to consider the most basic, important elements of roll. If he posted model 'real life' pics for 1 - 5, the first 25 pages would be debating stupid shit like tie color. Keep doubting the genius of the Talented Mr. at your own expense.
Axel, as I look again, the white shirt looks harmonious to my eye. I like this.
Axelman, not bad. Would love it more with a blue shirt! Acrid, nice arm candy (which is always in good taste ). To the rest of you who posted in the last couple pages, please study the first 20 pages of this thread closely and then look at JPHardy's recent posts; you will find these specimens highly instructive. It's not about "falling in line"; it's about learning some very useful rules of the road from a few men who have near-impeccable style. You will revolt at...
@ JP, I like the jacket and tie very much, but I think this would be even nicer with a blue shirt. Also, the small pattern on the PS is innocuous in the small pic, but, when I expand it, my eye gets confused between the patterns in the tie and the square, which are similar in scale. GDL sometimes uses similar scale in his ties and pocket squares, successfully I think, but it can be tricky, and I always think the safer route is to avoid small patterns on PS's altogether. ...
I'm dismayed. Not that the post was deleted, of course. But that he didn't delete the pic and replace it with a " . "As for Vox's shirt, it looks very good to my eye, but will look better after 20 washings/pressings.