or Connect

Posts by Richie418

Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy In my opinion, no. Well, as long as you've got the money. Others may disagree, as it does add 1/16" or whatever to the height of the sole. Any truth to some of the debate that I have read stating they are bad for the soles? I've read that they can dry out the leather causing them to crack?
I realize there have been many posts as of late on monks, however after looking them over I am still unsure where to look. I am hoping to purchase a pair of brown, cordovan or walnut monks for use with suits or casual pants. Does anyone have any options that have rubber soles (not lug) as my work conditions are not great on leather soles. Money is not a huge issue (ideally 500 or a bit more). Any help will be appreciated ...
[quote=RegisDB9;4139258] Quote: Originally Posted by willpower If Aventus is too mature for you, forget about Vintage Tabarome. VT smells like those small glass vials of Ginseng you can get just about anywhere. It's good, but wait until you're 44 for that one. It's also out of production. If you're digging manly stuff like VT, try YSL Rive Gauche. Ha, I own those on my list. Aventus especially is one of the best for me and my age group imo. It def...
Quote: Originally Posted by strongisland Wondering if anyone can share their spots for a decent hair cut to basically just restore some shape to medium length hair as I'm growing it out. I've found places to be so hit and miss that I figured I'd ask after my last 2 haircuts. Can be anywhere in the city. Not sure if it's considered reasonable but Erica Fleishman on 49th St is amazing, ask for Janney.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dynasty Could someone give me suggestions on a fresh, clean, crisp cologne that I can pick up at common department stores? I'm 21 and in college and want something I can wear everyday for any occasion and not get looks from people for wearing something overpowering. I'm hoping to get around 5 suggestions so I can compare them all and decide which one I like best. My current collection consists of the following: - Acqua...
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH Look at some persols, or oliver peoples. Agree with the oliver peoples rec, I have 2 pairs myself. I would however not buy online as you really need to evaluate the way they look and feel prior to making a purchase. Spending a few bucks on a high quality pair is well worth it in the long run.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugger I believe they are Oliver People's Victory in black. Anyone in the market for shades have to check out OP, pricey but really quality, unique stuff ...
Creed Aventus - I like even more each time I wear it Creed Green Irish Tweed Chanel Egoiste Zino Creed Erolfa Creed Bois Du Portugal Tiffany For Men Tom Ford PB Tobacco Vanille Heritage Tuscany
Quote: Originally Posted by Broadus Richie, did you pay the same as in $139 each for the Lombard and Van Ness or did you pay the same as in the prices Maker quoted ($149 and $179). According to a price list from the Shoe Bank that I received almost two weeks ago that was called the final price for all shoes in the February sale, both the Lombard and the Van Ness are $139. There is not distinction as to color. While I did not order a pair of Van Ness, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by maker The price I got quoted was: Lombard Walnut $149 Van Ness Chili or Burgundy $179 Did anyone else get quoted $139/pr on Lombard or Van Ness? This is from the Shoe Bank. thanks,m I paid the same.