or Connect

Posts by Alexander Kabbaz

mack11211 Quote: Question: Have you ever had, or made, a too-short double cuff shirt into a barrel cuff, perhaps with two or three buttons T&A style? Are the consequent sleeve placket issues insurmountable, or just difficult? Yes - the very first shirt I made after I turned "pro". It was a pnk shirt with a white jacquard stripe. The sleeve wasn't an inch too short, though, it was 3" too short. So I made a 6" long, 5 button barrel cuff. Still have the...
Tom Quote: Ok, here is the zany chiropractic idea... FIX YOUR POSTURE. It turns out that having good posture is not only important for good health, it is also important for looking good in a suit. Changing your posture takes a certain amount of self-discipline, but it also involves having good biomechanical function of your skeleton. My suggestion (of course) is to find a chiropractor who specializes in posture and get a consultation. Yesterday I was...
P.S. Take it: That's less than I could get the buttons for wholesale.
Not a joke: Squeeze a lemon into a shallow dish. Let evaporate. Rub the remaining salts-of-lemon on the shiny spot with your fingertip. Leave overnight. Wash normally. Usually works. FYI - works for scorches too. And you can hurry the evaporation by plading in the Sun or in a low oven. Courtesy of Kabbaz's Believe-It-Or-Not.
Quote: I recently got a Carlo Franco shirt from Chuck and this thing is spectacular. Easily the best shirt that I own, and IMO superior to the T&A, Kiton, Borrelli, and Attolini shirts that I have in my wardrobe. Yeah, I said that. But who am I to know? Let me join in this mutual admiration society by repeating what I said six months ago: I have had many R-T-W makers send me shirts and ask me - "how can we make them cheaper but keep them looking the...
Not bad, Dr. Tom. Your opinion is pretty much on the mark. Water, the problem has nothing to do with the slope of your shoulders. It relates to the forward curve of your shoulders. The good news it that now you know what the problem is. The bad news is that there are very few shirtmakers who know how to fix the problem. It cannot be solved in a M-T-M shirt such as Jantzen. Some custom shirtmakers might be able to design a proper yoke for you. The only practical solution...
uriahheep Quote: Re: your college days Just curious. You wrote about working as a DJ, being an artist/art instructor, shirtmaker, engineer... Yeah - nobody has ever accused me of being able to make up my mind.
uriahheep Quote: What are the pros and cons of, and reasons for using, each of the combinations of sleeve cap/armhole shown above? None of these has what I would term "pros" or "cons". Each has uses for fitting various shapes of people. What you have illustrated are generally considered women's patterns due to the shape of your sleeve cap. The first three are merely quantitative variations upon the same style. The fourth one down will work as long as...
And hey, FIH Cravattes - you can take the 'your age' and 'the photo' comments and @#%$.
Yeah - it was damn cooool. I was 7 or 8. My father used to put me on the LIRR train alone from Penn Station to return to my mother every other Sunday night. He would sit me up by the engineer so there would be someone to look after me. The engineer took a liking to me. He would sit me in his seat and tell me when to move the lever. And YES YES YES I got to pull the rope which blew the horn. Be Jealous.