or Connect

Posts by Alexander Kabbaz

On Valentine's day it could only be 1. Unless, of course, she has reined in your clothing expenditures ... again.
This is the second in an ongoing series of features and slide shows about the Collection of Sartorial Excellence artisans. SEAWARD & STEARN, Tiemakers The English Silk Tie It was in early 2002 when Gary Seaward and Mark Stearn joined forces to create Seaward & Stearn, "The English Silk Tie". Two young gentlemen who come from an extensive background in neckwear. Mark, who comes from a third generation tie making family, spent weekends and evenings as a child...
Quote: Originally Posted by VMan those links are incredible. I understand Tokyo Slim is buying his plane ticket as we speak.
Quote: Originally Posted by darkoak Very nice cufflinks! Will they be available for sale at the CSE? What's the price range? They will be available. Some are already made into cufflinks. Others are still buttons for which you can select the bezels and/or stud-tie tack back styles. These would then have to be cast and the buttons inserted which takes a number of weeks. They are priced as if the bezels and backs were cast from 18kt gold (which...
This is the first in a series of between 10 and 16 artisan bio/slide show posts. How many we are able to post depends on available time and resources to create the slide shows. Artistic Links Artistic Links is the brainchild of Dr. Jerome Goldfischer. A practicing cardiologist for almost fifty years, Dr. Goldfischer trained during an era when physicians were expected to abide by a uniform of dress shirts and ties. By adhering to this dress code, over the years he...
Quote: Originally Posted by CTGuy Can you explain to me what the point of this event really is? Is it aimed primarily at the members of these "internet fora" or is it like a true trunk show? It is a trunk show. This year there will be sixteen different "brands" represented. It is an educational event. This year there will be eleven makers present at the event to answer guests questions about the creation of garments and accessories....
Sorry, Fok.
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 As you said though, I could not care less about the FNB forum so let's lock this thread and keep the crap out of SF. The thread was put up in response to the requests last week in the various Connemara threads. I would have done so sooner but was awaiting J's permission which I did not receive until Friday. If anyone has a question about the event please feel welcome to ask either here or by PM. As far as...
Quote: Originally Posted by King Francis The CSE sounds pretty cool, and I have a great amount of respect for Mr. Kabbaz and his trade (or art, if you prefer), but I have to say, from the posts I've seen from him in the past nine months or so that I've read this board, he sure comes across as a prickly bastard. I don't believe raley intended his observation as an insult, Mr. Kabbaz. It was neither taken nor answered as one. "Darn" is how I...
Quote: Originally Posted by raley Is this event just held in a hotel room? Grand Suite Quote: Originally Posted by raley How many people attended last year? 470 Quote: Originally Posted by raley Doesn't seem like a very large event from the pictures. Darn.