or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Maybe its a little meta, but I kind of like that Matthew Weiner has written himself into his show as Ted Chaough. Its interesting that an episode featuring the way Ted looks when he's working with his female mentee was one of the few written by someone else. Even better: everyone was worried about what discovering what a scumbag her father was would do to Sally Draper; it killed her soul and turned her into her mother! Another way that the character development on this...
There's a line between abusing alcohol and being an alcoholic (at least, I hope there is). Don needing to go straight to a bar to get stumbling drunk definitely crosses that line.
Seems like the least predictable series in memory. Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs swept Heat or Heat swept Spurs or anything in between. Heat in 6 seems marginally most likely outcome.
I said Miami would have no problem with Pacecars, so mea culpa. I based that on Indiana going to Miami during the streak, both teams looking to win, and Miami handling them. That, and Indiana running 5 deep would be their Achilles heel. I think the latter held true; Indiana followed all of their hardfought victories by being blown out. But kudos to people who said the Heat couldn't handle West/George and Hibbert. They were right; I was wrong.Indiana should be able to bring...
Every time Draper goes to LA he has some dreamlike, epiphanic experience, as if there was some other life he should be living. Not this time, Don, too old, your life is your life.
Seems like he motivated himself more than his teammates.
I guess it goes w/o saying that any "big reveal" would only be interesting if it was a foundation for future character or plot development. Since, you are getting all serious, what I meant was that the doppelganger/parallel life was a recurring motif of this season; for instance: the promotional poster; Harry Hamlin is "Roger Sterling w/bad breath"; Megan plays a soap character with an evil twin; Peggy's replacement at SCDP is a less smart, less attractive version of...
It would be a nice parallel to Draper if Benson assumed his phony identity to dodge the draft (nice contrast w/ Greg, too).
Nice try by Pacecars, but starting 5 all played more than 40 minutes. They will be as dusted as Bulls by Game 3. Could someone help me out? I know white people are supposed to hate LeBron, but I'm a little out of the loop and I didn't get the memo. Could someone remind me why?