or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

The sepia toned Alfalfa-meets-Pretty Baby flashbacks to the whorehouse were the worst part of this season. But it all paid off in the last shot of the tumbledown house in front of the crappy modern(ist) slum buildings. It all seemed totally fake, like Paul Newman and Robert Redford were about to walk around the corner and a Scott Joplin song would start playing and young Draper would join in some hilarious hijinx. But at the end, it all came real like Pooh and Wallace...
Most likely explanation for all of the game to game inconsistency of each of the players (except Duncan and maybe James) is next level chess match between Spoelstra and Popovich. Beyond me anyway.
It's a bit rich, Peggy calling Don a monster...for stopping her from breaking up some family dude's marriage. The dude who pissed on the floor in the first season needs to come back and get Don into AA. My name is Dick Whitman and I am an alcoholic.
Its crazy that the Heat win 27 in a row and can't win 2 in a row in the conference or league finals.
Yeh. I meant that Ted is Weiner's fictionalized version of himself.
Maybe its a little meta, but I kind of like that Matthew Weiner has written himself into his show as Ted Chaough. Its interesting that an episode featuring the way Ted looks when he's working with his female mentee was one of the few written by someone else. Even better: everyone was worried about what discovering what a scumbag her father was would do to Sally Draper; it killed her soul and turned her into her mother! Another way that the character development on this...
There's a line between abusing alcohol and being an alcoholic (at least, I hope there is). Don needing to go straight to a bar to get stumbling drunk definitely crosses that line.
Seems like the least predictable series in memory. Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs swept Heat or Heat swept Spurs or anything in between. Heat in 6 seems marginally most likely outcome.
I said Miami would have no problem with Pacecars, so mea culpa. I based that on Indiana going to Miami during the streak, both teams looking to win, and Miami handling them. That, and Indiana running 5 deep would be their Achilles heel. I think the latter held true; Indiana followed all of their hardfought victories by being blown out. But kudos to people who said the Heat couldn't handle West/George and Hibbert. They were right; I was wrong.Indiana should be able to bring...
Every time Draper goes to LA he has some dreamlike, epiphanic experience, as if there was some other life he should be living. Not this time, Don, too old, your life is your life.