or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

It sounds about right. If you read the study (more of a brief note), it is referring to a literature which focuses on the effect on wages later in life of graduating college during a recession. Generally, if the economy happens to be in a recession when you graduate, on average, 10 years later your wages will be 5-10% lower than otherwise similar people who graduated during expansions.So this,while being a valid point in general probably isn't that germane, since the...
Sounds like the beginnings of a good ethnic joke. "Did you hear about the Israeli spy who tried to steal Australian technology? He wanted to learn how to..."
Fair point. I suppose these days passports carry smart chips so you might need to do more than just run a Xerox to fake one. Maybe Mossad was breaking into Australian smart chip system and Aussie Israeli thought that wasn't kosher and spilled the beans.
What possible benefit could Mossad get, even in theory, by spying on Australia? And even if so, what possible reason could Australia have to run him back against Israel?
http://archer.wikia.com/wiki/Barry_Dylan
I guess Archer was right about cyborgs.
Can I get odds on my getting assassinated by a US gov't drone strike. I'm feeling lucky.
Personally, I hope that the police send a Hellfire missile up the tailpipe of that jackass who keeps driving around in his red Barchetta. He's in direct contravention of the Motor Law!
You may be right, but I meant alternative strategies not fine-tuning tactics. Not that the latter is wrong to talk about, but given that Afghanistan is winding down, this is probably a good time to reconsider the overall framework.
Al Qaeda's strategy is to embed themselves within culturally sympathetic and impoverished local communities in regions of the world that are beyond the governance of states that participate in the international system and use these as locations to plan and train for mass murder attacks against civilians in all sorts of locations including the United States. The US counter-strategy is to use the logistical capabilities and firepower of the US military to pursue AQ members...