or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Quote: Originally Posted by greyinla It's a professional interview. The department doesn't matter. The field doesn't matter. What the average professor wears on a daily basis really doesn't matter. For the on-campus portion of the process, just wear a suit. Navy or charcoal. Simple and boring. At the end of the day, clothes alone will not get nor cost you a job, but it's best to take them out of the equation. Well said.
No it doesn't need to match. No one will care or notice. But treat yourself to a new belt, anyway. Why not? I assume you are smart enough not to listen to anyone who tells you to wear a suit to a business casual event.
I think the Riviera flannels on STP are pretty slim and good value for money (especially cashmere blend). Smaller sizes always seem sold out though,
Great line play and open-field tackling by the Buckeyes. USC passing game is built on getting yards after the catch. Almost none today, except for the crucial McKnight 3rd down. Barkley had good poise and mechanics, but reads plays too slow. Ball very often arrived just a bit too late. Been a very different game had Mark Sanchez stayed another year. Hopefully, new kid will get better.
In Japan, you can get repros of his costumes from "The Great Escape" and "The Hunter" http://www.toys-mccoy.com/store/index.html#mcqueen
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Sound advice for most professions. But not for this one.
In B-schools, a suit. In economics and poli sci, a suit. In sociology, a sports coat and tie. Psych professors are mostly crazy, so its impossible to say.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday It's an interesting phenomenon, in that I think many onlookers have a revulsion to it. Not just "I don't like that" but "ew." Of course, maybe provoking a reaction is the point. Its like looking at someone eating a hunk of raw garlic. You can see the smell.
Quote: Originally Posted by arced I'm glad it worked out for you. I was able to buy through Rakuten with them and they were very nice about it. I hope I can visit their store one day. What'd you get? Just two pairs of the BR Early Military Chinos in Khaki and Tan. A great pair of pants, I think, at a decent price.
Quote: Originally Posted by arced Hinoya carries Buzz Rickson. They're in Ueno. Thanks for the tip. If anyone is looking for direction to Hinoya Go to the Ueno JR Station. Exit at the Hirokoji exit (next to the Hard Rock Cafe). Straight ahead across the street is a department store called OICity. Cross the street and go toward it. In front of OICity turn right (i.e. go west). The second alley that you come to runs parallel to and next to...