or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

In college, knew a Vietnamese guy named Phuc U
In Hong Kong, the fast food restaurants make their workers choose an English name to wear on their tag (e.g. 'Shark' Li, 'Bee' Tsang, or whatever). Its kind of a cliched expat joke to laugh at them, but their kids making a buck and I'm sure they could care less what some old white guy thinks of their Nom de Large Fries. On the other hand, I still get a chuckle out of the girl at Haagen-Dazs who called herself "Money" Ho.
Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix Experience
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve Smith I think Lucky Strike was one of the brands which were included in WWII combat rations. By the early 80's, that WWII vet demographic probably didn't do much for the image of the brand. Yeah, still Camel stayed current.
Five episodes left for an end of series arc. Wonder which way they will go. Probably 1) Bert Cooper will die because he has no role to play on the show. Hopefully, he will have a swan song focusing on how the Sixties looks to someone his age; or 2) the younger guys will force him out since he doesn't play any role in the business (except maybe capital financing, not sure how the economics of a small ad firm would work on that) and he must have a large draw; or 3) Lucky...
Quote: Originally Posted by clarinetplayer [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] Brooks Bros. shirt J Crew tie This is a great comparison. This ^ is a great looking shirt and tie combo....but this V is uniquely beautiful. Quote: Originally Posted by BBC Come on, guys, we need some more pics of collar rolls. unlined B2 ocbd
I'm confused by this thread. To me, the "collar roll", is the natural way a soft collared button down rolls over a tie. I don't see the point of pictures of open collar shirts. In fact, to the extent that an open collar button down makes big circles on each side of the neck, it makes me think they are lined in bakelite. To each his own, I suppose, but to me its about asymmetric rolling of the collar like waves.
Quote: Originally Posted by intent don't forget vancouver They sound stoned.
Quote: Originally Posted by Siggy The best way to pronounce Blucher is the following: "Derby". As in "Kentucky ..." or as in ".... O'Gill and the Little People"?
I voted for "Dislike finicky poll with seven choices, too feminine"