or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Good point. Mcauliffe seems sleazy, even by the standards of Clinton henchmen (!).
Cucinelli didn't do so bad considering what a nut job he is. Seems like people have already forgot about the shutdown and remembered how much they dont like Obamacare.
He's the best damn mayor Toronto ever had. Who cares about his personal life?
That is a great article. I wouldn't have even thought it was possible for me to become more cynical about the NCAA, but I did. I have tended to think of the NCAA as simply a representative of its constituents, the various colleges and universities that are its members. But the article clarified, that beyond being that, the NCAA is itself a bureaucratic institution driven by its own internal imperatives, mainly self preservation and self interest. Which I think you see in...
So Miami ran a pay-for-play system for a decade. A certified booster plied recruits with cash, booze and hookers. Multiple coaches across different coaching regimes knew about it and they get no bowl ban, no loss of wins, and lose a minimal number of scholarships. NCAA are pimps.
Well, there is a French movie. You can watch it on youtube. But I don't think it is very good. Bad in the way French movies are bad. Combat scenes are a bunch of artillery blasts on a hillside in the background as two French dudes exchange philosophical epigrams in the foreground. Too bad, cause it looks like they spent a fair amount on it, shot on location with lots of cooperation from VietNam.
Well, these whores, always driving prices up. Oh, wait, like I have to tell you.
Even better news. The only reason that Summers was so heavily pushed by the Citibank crowd was that they dont think Yellen is a corrupt stooge. Of course, inevitably, the big money center banks will have an outsized influence on monetary policy, but at least she is not a complete crook.
You might want to bear this in mind when we get to the end game. Obama is bluffing when he says that we must default if Congress does not extend the debt ceiling. He has plenty of legal authority and I am sure that Treasury can find a way to pay bond holders. However, it will be unthinkable that Social Security recipients miss a check. Its inevitable that Obama will pay them and just start prioritizing payments as he sees fit. Inevitably, if Congress refuses to set budget...
One of the best non-fiction books of the year. Detailed account of the Battle of Dien Bien phu and the logistic difficulties of both sides. http://www.amazon.com/Embers-War-Americas-Vietnam-ebook/dp/B007EED4P8/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381106880&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=longevail