or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Quote: Originally Posted by mxgreen Shell shoes may not be on sale but the shell belts - in black, burgandy and tan (that, from the photo, looks very much like whiskey) are. Thanks!
I was wondering what the local wisdom on Pherrow's jeans (could not find by searching). The local denim store has some in a 1966 Levi's repro style (which I insist on), model 466SW, I guess and was I thinking about getting some. The raw denim looks fine, but if someone had some opinion on their overall quality, durability, etc. it would be interesting to hear. I am going to Tokyo next month, should I wait to get the 1966 Sugarcanes there. Any other companies make a...
It was kind of a faggy chick book.
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffsWood I have 6 or 7 AE belts, they are okay, but I find the dye comes off the light brown ones and the look worn very fast. I have had this same experience. Also the leather is a bit stiff. I think Dingman are great.
Quark The Associates Buffalo Bill Ellery Queen The David Letterman Show
Frederick Forsyth's Day of the Jackal is another all time classic.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheIdler Dark Star by Alan Furst. This is right. Furst is definitely the best going now. Writes about spies in the forgotten corners of WWII, usually Eastern Europe. Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Not new, but Charles McCarry's books are great. Just finished Tears of Autumn. It was fine and McCarry is good at conveying a flavor or atmosphere of reality. Characters bear only...
Quote: Originally Posted by archmano Why do you think the sets are mediocre? I think the show has a good feel to it. Show looks good, but writing and acting are completely blah. Suggesting they crap out on set design since otherwise they seem to be going for mediocrity.
If the makers of Boardwalk Empire are looking for ways to make this show more mediocre, I would recommend spending a little less money on set design. Otherwise, there is not much else they could do.
Sterling will land a big client next episode. Roger only works as a character if he is on top making quips. As a loser, he is dead weight as a character, neither fun enough for comedy relief or deep enough for darker stories. Just boring. On the other hand, one of the good things about Mad Men is they don't mind getting rid of characters, even good ones like Paul or Sal. The Wire got weighed down by too many characters.