or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Maybe it fizzled out because of how predictable double digit mass slayings are in the US. In 9 or so days on average, there will be a shooter who will kill 3-4+ people, and within a 8-10 weeks one of those mass killers will manage to kill more than 10 people, Will he be Arab, wiil he be black, here's what she said to me, Que Sera Sera.
At point, Yellen was at one point a visible leader of a faction at the Fed who were pushing a greater emphasis on more expansionary policies and de-emphasizing fears about inflation. It seems that Bernanke was a member of that same faction, but was taking a less visible stance, preferring to build consensus. Current policy seems to reflect their joint views, amongst which there does not seem to be much daylight. The FOMC seems to be signalling that QEIII has reached its...
It might be better to take the opposite tack. That is, create a gun equivalent to the traffic ticket. Allow police to write citations for reckless gun use which have relatively light civil penalties but low conviction standards. This would allow the legit pulling of gun licenses for too many violations at lower cost.
Great news. Monetary policy differences between Yellen & Summers are small relative to Yellen's far superior administrative and communication skills. Summers seems to be an obvious stooge of the 2Big2Fail crony capitalists.
Maybe your right. I just remember how hard it was for SC to find the right guy after the sanctions in the early 80's.
Be careful. I am sure what you meant to say was the NCAA is about to lose a defamation suit for maliciously and recklessly alleging that someone on the USC coaching staff knew. But that's the way it goes. If you sue, then they have to prove that you knew about it. If you don't get a lawyer than you have to prove that you didn't know about. The NCAA, mostly by incompetence, have created an environment that schools always do better by not co-operating and fighting them in...
The problem with firing Kiffin is who do you replace him with? To rebuild, they would need a first rank coach but none are available in September. Even in January, I doubt the most coveted guys are going to be beating down USC's door with two more years of sanctions in place. Speaking of sanctions, it seems like YahooSports has the goods on a bunch of SEC players accepting money from agents. Just like Reggie Bush. But you know those schools are smart (and scurrilous)...
There's almost a general principle here, usually when you've painted your self into a corner, doing the right thing is the smart thing. Upsides: Most importantly, Obama is off the hook either way; he heightens an emerging split in the GOP between interventionists and Paulish types and makes republican representatives choose a side. Downsides: He puts Democratic representatives on the hook too. He gives GOP an opportunity to cancel sequester effects on defense spending w/o...
Peace on Earth Paz en la tierra السلام على الأرض Peace on lub ntiaj teb [Does Hmong really not have a word for "Peace"?; that makes me sad]
I was thinking bi-lingual in Spanish obviously. But we should probably also translate into Arabic and possibly Hmong.