or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Which book? I bet it was "The Girl on the Train."
Not according to Starsky and Hutch
Angel dust
A car being parked like that in the middle of the road is strange enough to be suspicious that something is up (I wouldn't stop to help). But on the other hand, its easy to think of reasonable explanations (off the top of my head, braked for a deer, swerved and then his car wouldn't start etc.) Still, I am sure there will be more story. If cops approached 4 abreast in combat stance on everyone with a broken car, there would be a lot more dead people.
Interesting thought. Is a Manichean worldview a form of sloth? Is it a symptom of laziness to refuse to engage in the messy details of policy analysis and compromise that constitute normal politics in a plural society? It can be, but I don't think that's quite fair to the author who has probably thought a lot about the issues.
Which just emphasizes the point. Romney was by far the better man. Polling data showed that the electorate over-whelmingly viewed him as more qualified to be President than Obama (more qualified than the sitting President!). They just didn't like his platform. Had he run on something approaching a Bush 2004 platform in regards to entitlements, he would easily have won.But instead of moderating on Social Security a bit, we have to vote for the reality show clown to stop the...
If you looked at the prediction markets, they were 3/2 against Romney the entire way. He was never really competitive.
You are right. The GOP has been the governing party at all other levels since 2010. I meant to say they were competitive at all levels including the Presidential through 2004 but since then they have been completely uncompetitive at the Presidential level. I conflated the two points.
The Republican party has been the governing party in the US at every level except the President since 2004. In 2005, the party decided to make reforming Social Security and Medicare the principal platform of their Presidential candidates. The vast majority of Americans and the vast majority of Republicans oppose this. The contradiction between the party platform and voters goals has caused an implosion of the center right of the electorate. This implosion has allowed a...
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/773905549557719040 http://www.claremont.org/crb/basicpage/the-flight-93-election/#.V9GCu-dhDk9.twitter Could not have disagreed with this essay more. Almost every sentence is wrong. America is getting better every day. Not as fast as we used to be and there are so many policy issues that should be addressed. Instead we waste time on identity politics. But we are hardly on the edge of civilizational collapse. On the other hand,...