or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Probably, the Knights of the Vale took a similarly convenient path. I look forward to reading about it in some future book.
Actually now that you mention it, it does seem pretty bogus how the Riders of Rohan got the drop on the Nazgul at the Battle of Pellenor Fields. Those idiots were actually flying around on giant lizards and they missed a massive army of horseman riding up to the battlefield?
Catalan
I enjoyed this episode. In the moment, the fight scenes were pretty dramatic. Its possible that some of the battle might not stand up to more intense scrutiny, but that's fine.
A. I was only talking about politics, not policy.B. Petraeus' policy is nuts, but not so different than our current policy. God help us when Hilary gets in there.C. For the sake of truth in trolling, I will be voting for Gary Johnson this year.
1. He is arguably competent to be Commander-in-Chief. At least as much as anybody is.2. He might do it. Its his only chance to get back into politics.3. Trump doesn't need an attack dog.4. Trump does need someone who can help him benefit from international instability.5. Attacking Hillary's email issue and Bill's rape issue will work much better as counter-attacks.6. Trump likes a stick-man.
Trump should pick David Petraeus to be his VP.
I was sort of thinking that after the Arryns show up, Ramsay decides to retreat into Winterfell for a siege, but Umbers lock them out or Reeds show up to block the way, and Littlefinger steps out of the shadows smirking. I am sure the real writers could come up with something better.
Seems like if Marjorie got pregnant (which they foreshadowed last ep), she might have an incentive to kill Tommen. OTOH, if crazy Cersei burns up Tommen, Marjorie would probably claim she was pregnant. In fact, it would be pretty cool if Tommy boy survived getting burned up by the skin of his teeth, only to have his wife push him back into the flames.Seems like they have set up the Battle of the Bastards to be resolved by a last minute Ride of the Vale-horrim. I'll take...
They have spent this season writing themselves out of a long list of corners that GRR Martin spent 20 years writing them into. Some of the getting out of those dud plots may be a bit abrupt or unlikely and it looks like they have been saving a bit of money with small scale scenes. On the other hand, they have done what they needed to do and been fairly entertaining doing it. It looks like it will all pay off in the next few episodes.