or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

I thought the point of playing through the whistle was to make the other team lose their cool. Seems like it is always the Lions who are the ones to lose their cool.
A lot of this is a red herring. OkieState is a fly by night school and Alabama is one of the most storied programs in college football. I have no doubt that fact colored the votes of many coaches and sportswriters who were trying to weigh the relative strengths of two very good teams. I don't think thats such a terrible injustice either. I'm not particularly eager to see college football become the plaything of every decrepit corporate raider who wants to kick in a couple...
These seem like a really critical few months for the UCLA program. USC is down 30 scholarships for the next 3 years. Those 30 players could be the foundation of a championship program that can successfully recruit the talent rich SoCal area. Right now, a UCLA coach can (accurately) tell recruits that if they go to SC their team will never be deep enough to be national champions. Next year, that will be less true, the following year not at all. If they don't have a great...
Thanks!
Does anyone know if Oregon or Stanford are hurt in BCS computer rankings by the fact that USC is unranked? When the computers assess Oregon's record, do they say that Oregon lost a close game to a 10-2 team, or do they see that they lost to a team out of the top 25? Just wondering.
Can't really blame the Pac12 replay booth trying to send the conference champ to the BCS. Oregon kicker couldn't pull it off though. Suck it Ducks!
Nice to see Cam Newton's not feeling a sophomore slump in his second pro season.
Probably the shopping and nightlife you want will be in Central. Hotels in Central are usually very expensive. But cabs and subway (before midnight) in HK are reliable and extremely cheap. So staying in the neighborhoods on the island a few minutes away from Central shouldn't be a big stumbling block.
Gonna be another tough year for the Men of Troy. Not enough manpower to play all 60 minutes. At least things seem to be even worse at the Dome.
Infuriatingly, the head of the NCAA infractions committee that persecuted USC was the AD at Miami. How does the AD at Miami get to be head of the infractions committee anyway?