or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

1. He is arguably competent to be Commander-in-Chief. At least as much as anybody is.2. He might do it. Its his only chance to get back into politics.3. Trump doesn't need an attack dog.4. Trump does need someone who can help him benefit from international instability.5. Attacking Hillary's email issue and Bill's rape issue will work much better as counter-attacks.6. Trump likes a stick-man.
Trump should pick David Petraeus to be his VP.
I was sort of thinking that after the Arryns show up, Ramsay decides to retreat into Winterfell for a siege, but Umbers lock them out or Reeds show up to block the way, and Littlefinger steps out of the shadows smirking. I am sure the real writers could come up with something better.
Seems like if Marjorie got pregnant (which they foreshadowed last ep), she might have an incentive to kill Tommen. OTOH, if crazy Cersei burns up Tommen, Marjorie would probably claim she was pregnant. In fact, it would be pretty cool if Tommy boy survived getting burned up by the skin of his teeth, only to have his wife push him back into the flames.Seems like they have set up the Battle of the Bastards to be resolved by a last minute Ride of the Vale-horrim. I'll take...
They have spent this season writing themselves out of a long list of corners that GRR Martin spent 20 years writing them into. Some of the getting out of those dud plots may be a bit abrupt or unlikely and it looks like they have been saving a bit of money with small scale scenes. On the other hand, they have done what they needed to do and been fairly entertaining doing it. It looks like it will all pay off in the next few episodes.
I wonder if Kurds advance on Raqqa isn't a little like Eisenhower's advance on Berlin. Maybe they (and we) would be better off letting the Russians & their buddies do the hard part.
Gotta say these Faceless Men are pretty over-hyped. By rep, they are the world's greatest assassins, capable of killing the best protected of monarchs. In practice, they are a couple of dipshits who can't manage to kill a low-rent actress or a teenage girl.
Gotta say this all seems very pro forma at this point, basically just Outrage Theater. Still, seems like everyone is having a good time.
Denmark offers child benefits
This Nero guy in Baltimore was so obviously innocent that I wonder if the prosecutor put him on trial in order to secure a not guilty verdict. I suppose he has to testify against the others now since he can't fear self-incrimination (though maybe he could argue federal civil rights charges).