or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

You are right. The GOP has been the governing party at all other levels since 2010. I meant to say they were competitive at all levels including the Presidential through 2004 but since then they have been completely uncompetitive at the Presidential level. I conflated the two points.
The Republican party has been the governing party in the US at every level except the President since 2004. In 2005, the party decided to make reforming Social Security and Medicare the principal platform of their Presidential candidates. The vast majority of Americans and the vast majority of Republicans oppose this. The contradiction between the party platform and voters goals has caused an implosion of the center right of the electorate. This implosion has allowed a...
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/773905549557719040 http://www.claremont.org/crb/basicpage/the-flight-93-election/#.V9GCu-dhDk9.twitter Could not have disagreed with this essay more. Almost every sentence is wrong. America is getting better every day. Not as fast as we used to be and there are so many policy issues that should be addressed. Instead we waste time on identity politics. But we are hardly on the edge of civilizational collapse. On the other hand,...
The recent police shooting or other deaths which translated into a violent civil disturbance (Ferguson, Baltimore and, now, Milwaukee) had one important factor in common: all of the dead young men were themselves part of the local criminal culture. The people who are burning down gas stations or convenience stores are no doubt violent criminals who strongly identify with the victim of controversial death often because they know them personally. Although there were...
Murders in Baltimore 2014: 211 2015: 344 2016: 169 to date
You are thinking Joe Jackson
I would not bet against you.
Does this mean the metric system is banned? Free the Pint!
Probably, the Knights of the Vale took a similarly convenient path. I look forward to reading about it in some future book.
Actually now that you mention it, it does seem pretty bogus how the Riders of Rohan got the drop on the Nazgul at the Battle of Pellenor Fields. Those idiots were actually flying around on giant lizards and they missed a massive army of horseman riding up to the battlefield?