or Connect

Posts by AldenPyle

Fair point. Though, I always thought the Infinity Engine games had the best mechanics ever, just Torment didn't use them well. Did you get the EE of BG or BG2?
Played it, liked it but didn't love it. I've never played a game with a better story than P:T, but I've read hundreds of books with better stories. Like it or not, the thing that video games are really good at is presenting manageable strategic or tactical situations or puzzle solving. P:T didn't do an exceptional job at any of those things.
I like this post and mostly agree butBasketball players are definitely a lot biffer, than they were 30 years ago. I bet the average guy on the Miami Heat spends more time in the weight room than all of the 77 Blazers combined (including Maurice Lucas).The stuff about people getting hammered for dunking is more the 60s than the 80s. There were plenty of dunks in the era of Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins.Defense wasnt that physical in the 80s, at least until the era of...
True, but that is an F-up. Cohle met the same dude, mowing the lawn, outside the school in 1995 and he looked the same age.Anyway, its clear that guy is old enough.
Well, we haven't seen him in action. I suppose that is the way it goes with serial killers, if you see them in the light of day they seem pretty innocuous. I guess what is scary about this killer is that it is, in fact, a whole family of killers, and the lawnmower guy is just off the hook, like he has to hang his killings out in public every 20 years or so. [[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]]
Well, I can't imagine even this show would have the nads to become a wacky comedy about a bunch of wealthy and successful coke dealers. This past episode was particularly short on laughs. "Pull over, Cyril." "Don't you dare pull over cyril". "Make up your minds, gaaah", thats like Gilligans Island level funny.
Think the Knicks set up Ray Felton?
[[SPOILER]]
Another great episode. Its hard to think of any other TV show with the confidence to introduce the actual plot 4.5 hours into a 8 hour show. Totally earned confidence as well. Heavily reminiscent of the James Ellroy novel "The Black Dahlia," about two LAPD police who investigate a seemingly singular psycho murder, both are heavily comprimised but with a strong sense of justice, and, one, discovering the conspiracy of rich men behind the murder becomes an avenging...