or Connect

Posts by AlanC

Today I bought thrifted clothes from mainy out of the back of a hatchback in a thrift store parking lot.
That's a pretty wide "between."
Thrifted these today: Leather Soul version for comparison: Edit: Since I've had a couple of inquiries about these, they're my size (9.5B), and also on the CDI last, which is a foot balance system last (Alden model 302). They're in great condition.
Thrifted these today: Leather Soul version for comparison:
Dingman makes some good stuff. They focus on belts, braces, etc., but have also done shoes. They do a lot with alligator. I think they're based in Arkansas. I have belts and braces from them that I've thrifted. It's worth getting when you see it.
^That Epaulet pic is a photoshopped version of my Leather Soul contest boot, pic lifted from the LS website.http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/10/11/alden-shoes-wingtip-boot-by-ac/Hampton, I think.
Wait...what?!Great haul, and they are my size. I would love to have that Carroll & Co. Chester Barrie, but as stated earlier, there will be more, and more, and more. We all get frustrated by what we miss (hey, I'm in the same town as mainy!), but most of us have more clothes than we know what to do with as it is. Put in the thrifting time. Things will come your way.
I have all my alterations work done at Rick's in Overland Park. I highly recommend them.
Yes, I think that's it.Thank you!
Thanks! I bought them several years back on clearance from Plain Clothes in Birmingham. They had done a special run of them. I know other stores have also ordered the same or similar makeups at different times. Surely someone, probably a Southern shop somewhere, will have them this spring. I think there is a shop in Charleston that has carried them in the past (not Ben Silver).