or Connect

Posts by AlanC

Has anyone heard of Caviglia Uomo? They have thick MOP buttons and side gussets.
Here are a few quick snapshots of the ties I picked up. Below the group shots are some detailed shots of a couple of the ties, particularly the Charvet grenadine. I was also very impressed by the Eddy Monnetti. I was unfamiliar with the label, but it may be the nicest tie I got. [[SPOILER]]
Regarding the quality of thrifting in KC, there is pretty good retail, although I'm not sure who sells Charvet, for example. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of the ties. In the meantime I picked up this old signed print of Mont St Michel, framed in Detroit long ago. I'm trying to decipher the artist's name, something like "Bornourzay." Not valuable, I'm sure, but I liked it, only $4.99.
Those likely will be sticking close to home. I'll let you know if not. Btw, I received a package from you today. Thanks--it's just what I was after. Absolutely perfect.
That RLPL should have been mine. I was going through the suits, a guy walks up with a buddy and grabs a suit off the rack about three suits down from me. He says, "Here, this is a Purple Label. It's a $3000 suit." And hands it to his buddy. I hung out while he tried the jacket on hoping he would discard it, but no luck. Had I been 30 seconds (or less) quicker I would have had it. I wanted to tackle the guy.Mainy is thrifting vacuum. I nowhere near touched his quality and...
+1. I've purchased from DM. Clearly he has the stuff he's posting. For most of us those kinds of hauls consistently are hard to get our brains around, but he's in the location for it. This is a bragging thread, after all.
I'm looking for a J Press hanger right now, can trade wishbone Brooks Bros hangers for it.
^Looks great! That's a fantastic shirt. I wish I would find one (well, some) in my size.
Wait, that's not actually mainy?While mainy was busy finding new Aldens, I picked up an RLPL shirt (M with short arms, maybe 32?). I was very pleased to pick up a wide shouldered Nordstrom suit hanger for my Canali sportcoat with a "Tailored for Nordstrom" tag in it.
I don't think tucked-in is a "look." It's just wearing clothes.