or Connect

Posts by Alias

The current ZR1 is the car I'm lusting after. Supercar horsepower and torque, and check-this-out carbon ceramic brakes, for $120k? Yes please. I'll take mine in blue. Seen a couple of Z06's running around here, and one Z51 in chick-magnet yellow. The Grand Sport looks like a great value in terms of dollar for performance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 I have a hard time understanding how a 16-year-old can afford a new car, what with payments, gas, registration, the ridiculous insurance rates for teenaged drivers, tickets, etc. I guess nursing an ailing beater through high school and college parking and impromptu 2am parking lot fuck-around sessions is sort of a rite of passage that many people think all young men should go through. I completely...
Did you idiots forget the part where he said: Quote: Originally Posted by lemmywinks My mom will give me the 'it's not your money it's my money' type of talk. Also it won't really be my car but more like a family car that they'll let me drive so it's still her car. I've tried to convince her many times because I told her I'm not comfortable with driving a brand new car but she insists that we don't buy a new car. We've had a couple of bad experiences...
They're still using that same pseudo-turn-based combat in Dragon Age. KOTOR let you queue up moves and abilities, something Dragon Age doesn't and I wish it did. My copy of Mass Effect 2 will get here in like a week, damn my overseas address. I could have ordered digitally off of Steam but I like having a physical box I can put on my bookshelf. I guess I'm just old school that way.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vashin Is anyone going to play MAG? looks fun in theory Penny Arcade ran a comic about it. I know it's satire but there's always an element of truth in their strips involving games. Persona 3 PSP comes out in July for us English-speaking barbarians. Now you can play as a girl! And date dudes instead of girls! (my dreams of playing as a lesbian are shattered)
The LFA is nice, too bad there will be only 50 of them and they cost three times as much as GT-Rs do. I can't bring myself to like ze German cars. It's probably because they're like ants here, anywhere and everywhere. Mostly driven by idiots who think their expensive cars give them the right of way in traffic. Mostly base-level with fake badges to look more expensive. I know it's not the car's fault, but I can't look at one and get all excited in the pants. Double for...
Every car has at least one thing wrong with it. There really isn't a perfect automobile in the world. And there really can't be, since people have different wants and needs they expect a car to fulfill. But if I had to pick one that I actually like, it would have to be a Shelby Daytona Coupe in blue; I think it's called Guards Blue or something. Superformance used to make licensed replicas (some in aluminum bodies) and you got to choose the engine. I'd stick something...
I've been playing AC2 despite not having played the first one, and it manages to stand on its own merits. I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of significant plot pieces but I'm borrowing the first from a friend (if he manages to find it.) The main character, Ezio, is likeable and the Rennaissance Italy setting is awesome to behold. Mass Effect 2 will put my life on hold for a while. I'm getting my Shepard to level 60 in the first one so I can import and get the most bling.
GL with learning to drive stick. Most people will jump down your throat for learning stick on a new car but I've done it so they can all go lick balls in hell. Your first car will most definitely be "boring" but you will probably love it anyway and you'll cry when you sell/crash/wreck it because of all the memories you've had.
If I wanted to run through a field of virgins, I'd run through an anime convention. All the reviews glow about this car, glossing over minor things like unreadable gauges. Haven't seen one in person here yet, but I'm hoping to.