or Connect

Posts by Alias

Quote: Originally Posted by furo Yeah and apparently having the current or latest drivers causes more problems! I searched through some forums and a WoW forum told me to use an older Intel driver so I did that and so far so good.... of course there's probably a 95% chance it won't last long That's really weird. Did you uninstall all your old video drivers before installing the new ones? From what I read on the problem, it's because there...
Updated your drivers recently? That's what a quick search comes up with. PC gaming is such a pain in the ass sometimes.
I swear moms are the enemy of all that is righteous. Mine did the exact same thing with my old NES, Sega, and Playstation consoles. I think she gave them to one of my dipshit cousins who probably used them either as chew toys or something to pee on.
I tried the Heavy Rain demo. I think it's amazing. I'm tired of shooters, rpgs, and everything in between, and this game seems to fit my current gaming needs. They did a great job with the ambient sounds, too. I played it in 5.1 and everything sounded awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by dtmt 300hp twin turbo = low carbon footprint? Surprised he didn't want the diesel.
I learned on a cheapo nylon-string classical guitar. The strings are wider apart than on regular steel-string acoustics, and the nylon strings are thick so they won't cut into your fingertips.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan I'm not sure I want much of a car to be "hand made." Ever watch a Lamborghini or Ferrari being made? Even in those cases, very little is done by hand. You just have more people operating more complicated machinery more closely and with more care. At any rate, I'd pick an R8 over any Aston other than, maybe, the Vantage. It has awesome performance, a unique and modern style, it's much more practical, and costs less....
I've read some long-term tests on the R8, and snow (provided you're not plowing through inches of it) won't be a problem. Just get proper tires and enjoy making rooster-tails. I'd be nervous of using it as a daily driver, though. Some idiot will put a ding into it soon enough, and you'll probably rash the wheels within a month.
I remember that season when Harris had a blood clot go through his heart. I wonder what will happen with the Cornelia Marie now.
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr If you're looking for something more passionate around that price range try an Aston Vantage or if you are brave enough a Corvette ZR1. I loved the R8 V10 + ZR1 road test on Top Gear. "You want SPORT MODE?!"