or Connect

Posts by Pastor

I went into the Allen Edmonds store when I was NYC on vacation last week with the intention of buying these shoes. When I held them in my hands I just didn't like the way they felt so I ended up not buying them. I think i'm going to end up with the Epaulet cross trainers that just came on line last week. They are in the same price range.Let us know what you think when you get them. I do like that AE is trying stuff like this.
I put a topy on some of my shoes if I know that i'm going to be walking on concrete a lot in them. Other shoes I simply keep the leather sole as is. Usually it's the more casual shoes that get the topy.
I really doubt there will be any ill effects of this. The shoes have lots more room then if they were in their boxes. I imagine they "breath" as much or more than shoes stored in boxes. Some of my shoes have been stored like this for 3 years will no effect on the leather that I can notice. Ideally, when we build our house I'm going to build a 20' by 20' closet for me and misses to share. When that happens I will build a shoe rack capable of holding all my shoes and...
I'm not sure where I got the idea from but I like it. I use to keep all my shoes in their boxes and then I lost some of those and I had shoes without a box. I wanted a way for all of my shoes to be organized and protected. It's also worth mentioning that I'm just a tad bit OCD.I did my wife's shoes the same way.
In addition to pastoring a church I also teach part time at a University.
My son came out yesterday wearing green seersucker shorts and my Epaulet Alden sand suede LWB.
X-post from the AE thread We just moved into a new place with a lot more closet space so I finally have all my shoes (well, almost all my shoes) in one place. I've been storing my shoes in the off seasons. Anyway, I snapped a few pics today of my closet.
We just moved into a new place with a lot more closet space so I finally have all my shoes (well, almost all my shoes) in one place. I've been storing my shoes in the off seasons. Anyway, I snapped a few pics today of my closet. Mostly AE's with some Alden and Carmina thrown in as well
I was in the NYC Hudson St store (Ludlow Shop) last week. I was on vacation and didn't have that long to shop but as I was leaving I saw a navy blue suit in the window. It was a two button suit with peak lapels and a ticket pocket. I liked it and instead of going back inside to inquire I figured i'd look online when I got home. Well, on the website I can't find anything that even comes close to resembling that suit. I even talked to customer service and they said that...
I just visited the Alden store in New York last sat and I was a little disappointed. Although I own 7 pair of Aldens with most of them being shell I have never actually been to a store that sells Adens. I guess I was hoping to see more of a selection. They had nothing in my size in any rare color (whiskey, cigar, or ravello) and the staples they had offered very little that was different than what I can get at TSM. The prics were also higher than TSM. Visiting was...