or Connect

Posts by Pastor

I called the Hudson St shop today to check on that Merino Wool suit and they didn't have it in my size and the guy said he wasn't expecting any more. Do you have any idea when this suit may come into mainline production?
I understand what you are saying. Because of the last and shape of the shoe my toes do come closer to the end of the shoe than on say my strands. To me the patriots are more like a slipper (which essentially they are) and not like other shoes that I own. I find that i've been wearing my patriots more than anything else. To me they are the perfect summer shoe. I bought some loafer (invisible) socks and i've been wearing the patriots that way with many outfits.
I like the brown lizard shoe as pictured. Captoe balmoral in brown lizard.
You may be the only one as the Patriot has a pretty good following around here. I bought both the burgundy shell and the brown shell version within a week of each other. It is very similar to the Alden LHS which is one of Alden's most popular shoes. The biggest difference for me was that the shell patriots were at a large discount at a recent AE outlet sale. I got both pair of AEs for about what one pair of Aldens cost.Here is the Brown variety
I've not noticed anything like that at all. My shoes probably only get polished 2-3 times a year max and even then it's with as little polish as possible. Mostly I only brush my shoes and if need be i'll use renovateur but again, only in small quantities.
Thanks for the info. I may call the store in NYC and ask what their return policy is. I have one J Crew suit that I really like but it was purchased as suit separates. I'm not sure how well the suit would fit but if I can return it I may look into getting it and trying it out. I know J Crew typically has great customer service.
For my walnut strands I usually just brush them once over to clean off the dirt and then I use Saphir Neutral polish to give them a good shine. They are not glossy but you can tell they have been polished. This is my routine with most of my non-shell shoes.
This is great to know. I'm hopeful that it will be in full production soon. Does the Hudson St shop act as a test market for new J Crew items?
To each his own. I probably wouldn't like half the stuff in your closet either.
I do wait 24 hours after wearing before I put them back in the boxes. I also put shoe trees in them after they have dried out. I have thought about adding a few one inch holes in the back of each box. Still not sure how much airflow they would get since the boxes are against the wall and the shoes are in shoe bags.