or Connect

Posts by Pastor

I was at my local Charlotte store over the weekend and their shell cordovan display was gone. The Saleslady told me that they had to ship all their shell shoes to NYC since there was a "shell shortage". She said that the stores in NYC and the store in Chicago shell more shell than all the rest of the AE stores so the other stores had to send them all their stock. She didn't know when or if they would stock shell shoes again. On a side note, I have some black shell Park...
I feel the same way. I got in at the right moment a few years ago. My first Aldens were Cigar LWB and Ravello WT boots from TSM. Both were around the $600 mark. Since then i've added a lot more shell in #8 and another pair in Cigar. But, I haven't bought a pair of Aldens in over 2 years. With prices steadily going up I doubt I ever buy Aldens again. I love the ones I have but I'm also content with them. I still look at all the cool makeups but I've never said "I...
I'm Pentecostal so I get out in the aisles when I preach.
Actually I did evangelize for several years before accepting the pastorate at a church in Rock Hill, SC. I traveled all over the country in a large 5th wheel with my wife and family. Yeah, I think the people here appreciate my footwear collection. I have 5 young preachers in the church here and this coming year for Christmas I've already told my wife I'm going to take them all to the AE store and purchase them a pair of shoes of their choice. One of them just recently...
Very cool. I did not realize that there was so many musicians on the AE thread. I went to a place called Interlochen Arts Academy for High School and from there opted to join the Marine Corps Band instead of going to college. Manhattan School of Music was my top choice but I came in 3rd on the audition and they only had 1 slot. Same with Juilliard. I could have attended New England Conservatory but the price was more than my folks could afford. I could not imagine...
Sure, I got them from Epaulet last year. Mike did two runs as a group MTO. Black Balmoral Boots in scotch grain leather on the forest last. These have become my winter boots when dressing up (which is usually everyday). I wear them with suits and any black or gray slacks.
All this talk of blackā€¦. Carmina Balmoral Boots Charcoal Flannel Pants
I use to play drums for a living but that was many years ago. Before that I had dreams of being a concert percussionist. I have several friends who do play music and one of them is french horn player in Chicago. He got his MA in Music from Northwestern and now plays with some chamber group in the Chicago area. I remember him and I running all over NYC because he was trying to find this guy that was suppose to be the absolute best at overhauling french horns. Good...
Would the shirts be considered Brooks buys?
I went to my local Brooks Brothers today to buy three dress shirts but they wouldn't allow me to use my 15% corporate discount. I've done this in the past but no luck today. I made there purchase anyway but I wondering if I call in and make an additional order if they will allow me to use the additional 15% off. Anybody know?