or Connect

Posts by fireflygrave

Here's another question about dyeing: I have a canvas backpack with canvas straps. Is there any way to tell whether it's been finished in some way that prevents dyeing or staining? And how long would the dye bleed if it did take? I don't want to turn it black only to find I can't carry any papers or anything in it.
Cool. I need some tougher jeans for studio and woodworking but I'd like to be able to wear them around as well. Figured I might try those secondnarrow j-cuts but I don't like wearing indigo jeans. Unfortunately it looks like they're sold out so the hunt continues.
So, the effect of both the warp and weft being black... would that just mean the pants will fade differently?Any recs for a better true black fabric dye? I have a couple things that need it.
So here's a kind of weird question: what would happen if I rit-dyed brand new raw denim jet black? Would the dye take at all?
I guess I'm lame because I really like everything on the jacket except that orange hood :/
Oof. bit too steampunk/kingdom-hearts-zipper-hell for me, haha. the second one is beautiful though.
Thanks zam. Pleasure to deal with you as always
Yeah, I checked to see if they were just mislabeled, but they are definitely the Js. the DNAs I ordered are supposed to fit very slim and the Js are more roomy and tapered.
Hey Zam, I think my order got switched with somebody elses- got J-jeans in sz. 54 instead of DNA pants in sz. 50. Just wanted to let you know and ask what the procedure is. On that note, if anyone didn't get the J-jeans they ordered and got minimalist DNAs in the wrong size instead, maybe we can just work out a swap and get it straightened out more quickly
I liked thumbs too, but it was sometimes kinda annoying to scroll back to a fit to follow the thumb conversation. It would have been nice if there was some way to "tag" a post and get alerts when new thumb comments got added.