or Connect

Posts by fireflygrave

Okay, sorry. I'm going to tone down my rhetoric; I'd rather have a discussion than a shrieking match.First of all, you really aren't punishing the rude waiter in most cases. Most restaurants now (in my experience and the experience of friends who have worked many restaurant jobs) pool tips. All the tips go into one big fund which gets split by percentages according to job- busboy, waiter, host, etc. So, you don't really stick it to the server who was rude, you just reduce...
And I think it's pretty fucking clear that denying someone a livable wage by not tipping (due to the fact that shit laws allow restaurants to pay servers far below minimum) because your sandwich was late or the waiter wasn't chipper enough is appalling.
Cheap will look like shit. Cheap black leather has a hard time not looking like shit. Red leather better be damn nice to not look like ass. It will cost a lot if you want even a moderately nice red leather jacket. Start saving up. TOJ made a red leather motorcycle jacket at one time, they still might. Julius has one. Some other designers have darker reds/burgundies. Look through the "Best Leather Jacket thread." Saving up isn't as insurmountable as it seems though
Look at the total bill, after tax. Move the decimal point one number to the left. Multiply by two. The easiest way to figure out a tip that might help to compensate for the abysmal, lower-than-minimum-wage wage that your server is paid. Holy shit, we are on a forum where we discuss buying two thousand dollar jackets. You don't have eight bucks to add to a forty dollar meal? Bullshit, fuck that.
This is rad. Is the jacket waxed fabric?edit: alrightly, guess that was answered haha
Yes. And they are called outliers because they are outside of the norm.The reason this discussion isn't going anywhere is because half of the people think the norm is just lazy and the outliers are achievers, and the other half that the outliers are anomalies that don't at all prove that the system isn't fucked.
I guess it comes down to personal taste. I tend to prefer starkness and (seeming) simplicity in writing, even a sense of coldness in the right places. It's why I'm so I'm fond of the writing of McCarthy, and why I want to learn Japanese to compare Murakami in translation to the original, and probably why I misliked Chabon's Yiddish Policeman's Union so much, despite liking the story- I thought he stuffed too much into a sentence, and a lot of them felt like he was just...
If EG would do this in a dark grey or black consistently they would make a killing on people who don't want to pay ~2 grand for harnden
No Are they nice? Not really complaining of course, extremely happy with the jacket itself which is the main thing
You did deserve a living wage when you worked a night shift at the supermarket. Everyone deserves a living wage. Because without it, you can't, y'know, live.