or Connect

Posts by AskAndyAboutClothes

......2: Black Patent leather dancing pumps with ribbed silk bows are the most traditional. Formal shoes can also be shined leather or velvet. Velvet pumps are most appropriate when you are hosting a formal evening at home! Oxfords (lace up) are fine, especially in an emergency. If you're going to wear oxfords, the best choice would be a plain toe or cap toe. Nothing that would resemble daily work shoes!!! No wing tips or loafers, or any other style that might be...
J: If you had a copy of The Encyclopedia of Men's Clothes on CD-Rom you could instantly access the section on Moths in the Clothes Care chapter, where you would find: Moths!! There's nothing worse than pulling your favorite wool sweater out of the closet to discover that it has been ravaged by hungry moths. The large moths you see flying in large numbers around lights are not clothing moths at all. The larvae of those moths eat outdoor vegetation and not...
kcheng: Shoe Trees! See what a shoe repair shop can do to get the wrinkles out and then always put shoe trees in your shoes when your feet aren't there! Andy
From the stain removal chapter of The Encyclopedia of Men's Clothes: (wine, liquor, beer) Sponge the stain with cold water. Then rub with detergent and rinse thoroughly. The old home remedy of rubbing salt on a wine stain can often set the stain. Launder with detergent in hottest water safe for the fabric. Do not use soap (bar, flake, or detergents containing natural soap), since soap could make stain permanent or at least more difficult to remove. Soak tough...
Bi-swing backs in suits and sport jackets are more "country" than city since the origins are from hunting jackets. They allowed arm movement to shoot firearms (shotguns). Unless your office or the occasion is very conservative/dressy/serious this feature should be OK. And a little history from The Encyclopedia of Men's Clothes: The Norfolk jacket changed the pattern of menswear. Tradition links it to the sportsmen on the Duke of Norfolk's estate where guest...
mussel: Not sure! It's all new!! Andy
Mecnun: Depends upon whether you date or are married! Andy
Good News!! J will not have to host the Ask Andy Forums after all We have a new upgraded (bigger, better, faster) Forum software which brings Ask Andy into the 21st Century (well maybe the 20th for some of us)! We're up and running. If you are a member look for a new password in your e-mail. We could not migrate any user passwords so for you to be able to log into the new forum, you'll need and receive a new password via e-mail. Sorry for that...
It's going well. Started a little later than planned, but everyone worked through the night and is still working, but it's looking very good for about noon today, Saturday. jml90 -- you may just be psychic! (but I bet you knew I was going to say that!). But don't uncross any fingers yet! Andy
Quote: Originally Posted by j Let me know if you do! Good luck. (Make lots of backups.) J: What are backups?? Just kidding (I hope!).