or Connect

Posts by AskAndyAboutClothes

And speaking of my reviews How about this one on Scott Hill Bespoke: Scott Hill Bespoke - No Communication and No delivered merchandise. Andy http://www.AskAndyAboutClothes.com
Quote: Originally Posted by BoomDiggs I must admit that I haven't read that thread in a while, but last time I did it was a few pages long. I am a little spooked because of what I have learned about Andy's endorsement being fairly easily purchased. Also, from my time spent looking at that site, once Andy backs something everyone else thinks it is the bee's knees and goes on about how great it is. I am assuredly being too cynical. I just thought I...
"Can I help you?" is the stupidest thing a salesperson can say to a customer!! It's totally ineffective since it defines the salesperson as some one who is a salesperson. The salesperson should avoid that classification with a "non-sales" comment like "nice shoes", or something weather (non sales) related. This puts the salesperson and customer on a different relationship level. There is a huge barrier a customer puts up when he enters a store. People do not like...
Lel: Double-breasted jackets can have four to six buttons with one or two "to button". They are often identified by a two-number designation such as 4/2, 4/1 or 6/2. Translated, the first number gives the total number of front buttons and the second is the number of functioning buttonholes. It doesn't always mean that all the buttons have to be fastened. Often only the middle or upper button is secured on a 4/2 or 6/2, but the Duke of Kent started buttoning his...
Hard to tell from the photos but shark might be another possibility. Andy
Lafont: Spring and summer only! Some fabrics and colors just look out of place, out of season! Andy
There was a time when servants did not speak to the diners. Both diner and servant knew the rules of manners and acted through signals. http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/L...le_manners.htm Now if the waitress knew the signal for when you are finished (and you knew it) there should have been no need for converstion or confusion! Andy
Quote: Originally Posted by Neo1824 AskAndy has a women's forum. Not sure if it goes into the detail of this one though. soileauj: Women's Fashion & Tailored Clothing: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...splay.php?f=36 Manton: It doesn't need to lift off.
Milhouse: Depends on what you want to emphasize (your top or your bottom half). If you have small shoulders and heavy hips go for the lighter color sport jacket. If you want to look shorter go with a high contrast between the jacket and trousers. Want to look taller go with less contrast. Dark and dull colors recede thus making you look thinner, and smaller. Light and bright colors project, which tend to bulk you up and make you look larger. More on How...
Confucius: Your host made a slight error! Cocktail and After 6 PM (not 5) is the same (also Informal): DAY or EVENING INFORMAL (Don't think casual!) also COCKTAIL, or BUSINESS ATTIRE: This requires a business suit, necktie, lace-up shoes, and for evening occasions a non-button-down collar dress shirt. Make certain that the person sending out the invitations really means informal and not casual since this is a common misconception! More on Cracking the Dress...