or Connect

Posts by juliank

dark chocolate brown has been a favorite of mine over the last few years. the colors i pair it with is grey, army green, sky blue or navy and white. when i was younger i never liked brown for some reason. i always found it to be a drab color, its now become one of my favorites.
This is kind of sums up my position. I work in a very fashion conscious area of the City but most really are douchebags. That said, I've noticed most of people who follow fashion I would not call SF'ers, the overlap is small from what I can tell. Most fashionistas are the equivalents to foodies in the dining world = douchebags.
Quote: Originally Posted by East2West Its not the brands that are bland, its you and the way you put them together This has been the key to my sartorial success. Shit, I could go to Ross and Marshalls and come up with solid looks as long as the fit was right. Imagination, color combination's, fit and an inner aesthetic sense is 9/10th of the game.
I just lost 40lbs and am down to 7%BF on the 5X5. I run it 3 days a week and the other 3 days I was doing cardio 30-60 minutes. Cardio amounts will depend on how much you want to eat. I prefer to eat more, hence I do more cardio. Also I listen to long dj mixes which makes me enjoy my cardio sessions, but cardio could theoretically be cut out completely or to very minimal high intensity amounts. Roguls advice is pretty much exactly what I did to get the low bf and is what I...
your sitch pretty much mirrored my own. i just lost 40lbs and hit my bf% and muscle mass goal and i got bored. i circumvented that boredom by creating a new challenge. that's what i would recommend. for me it's been yoga, tennis and learning salsa. i still work out consistently to maintain muscle but im not trying to get bigger either so im just focusing on raw strength and flexibility.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy Your mistake is assuming I know nothing about umbrellas. I drool over Brigg umbrellas on a weekly basis. Actually Stazy I wasn't quoting you to imply you don't know about umbrellas. I was simply using your post to point out an issue I see amongst my peer group. Whenever I bring it up, it's like I put ants in their pants because a lot of people who are otherwise educated will scream "pretentious" at anyone...
thanks guys for the kind words. i will have to echo the other people who originally chimed in on the thread about upping my cals. i was able to get away with a 1000-800 cal deficit in the first 2 months, but the last 2 months i dropped it to 500, then to 300. i plateaud in my weight loss only one week, and thats when instead of upping crazy amounts of cardio or dialing down my calorie deficit, i maintained my 300 cal deficit, lowered my carbs a bit, and just waited it out....
If anyone has any brown suede PS brogues in UK 6 they would like to sell, please contact me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy Nothing wrong with being pretentious. Girls love my monocle and discussions of why silk umbrellas are superior to nylon ones. I hate the way the word pretentious in our generation and in our culture has now become a euphemism for = shit I know nothing about. That's not what the word means. Use it correctly. Pretentious means attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than...
Hit my goal of 8% and surpassed it to land at 7% BF at 130 lbs. I'm done losing bf. It's weird because I am still increasing with half of my lifts, but with the other half I've plateaud. I look and feel amazing. Then again, I've never seen my body like this before, like ever. I was always thin to moderate weight throughout my teens and chubby throughout my late 20s so this is probably why I am so pumped about it. There is no way in hell I am going back to the way I was...