or Connect

Posts by Satorialist

Very well: The Ex is finishing her doctorate/residency and set to marry her ENT Dr. fiancé next month. And actually, I learned of the fiancé/upcoming wedding only recently through a google search made on a lark, it was their wedding announcement including a recent photo--they make a prestigious looking couple. Her and I haven't spoken since the break, we live in separate cities and move in different social circles so had no word of her even by third hand.
Seven (seven!) years after-the-fact and I remain unable to rid myself of this deeply ingrained notion. More than just a quest for perfection, it's about happiness. All the impossibly rare things I deeply desired in one person though never thought existed/could exist--did. Rare qualities are uniquely rare but rare qualities in abundance and in combination are exponentially rare--one could live several lifetimes and not ever find it once, let alone twice--rare. And to...
Taxes: Sales tax, property tax, gas tax, etc., all highest in the union. The people: Tons of hipsters (the modern hippies), yuppies, thugs and sports nuts. Wish I had a Venn diagram here. The girls: Without the Asian and European (and now Latina, I guess) foreign imports, the city would be hurting for selection. Crime & Murder: Relatively confined to certain quadrants, so not a big deal--but for how long? Flash mobs were, for a time at least last year, commonplace on...
The Gallup Poll asked, "Regardless of whether you will move, if you had the opportunity, would you like to move to another state, or would you rather remain in your current state?" Half of those in Illinois want to move if they could, with 19% 'extremely likely' to move within the next 12 months. 26% of those leaving within the next 12 months do so for work/business, and 15% for quality of life reasons. Illinois is a failed blue model midwestern hell. I can't wait to get...
Nothing. Nothing should be kept in your office you can't leave behind or walk away from in case you ever get canned. Boxing your shit and wheeling your designer office chair through the middle of the office that just shit-canned you is not something you want to do.
I too am plagued with this problem, my MT shirts open at the waist at exactly the same spot. It's a big problem when tucked in, though does happen (to a lesser but still annoying degree) untucked (only when sitting).Not convinced this is due to waist measurement being too tight as the shirts are not hugging or pulling at my body anywhere--It's a close fit I admit, but not tight--yet the shirt bunches and opens in this same exact spot in the same manner (more pronounced for...
While I'm at it... First, a quick PSA: Gucci: These bags are garish as hell and I wouldn't be caught dead with one. Neither should you. Prada: Feel of quality from top to bottom, inside-out, and are smartly designed as well. Styling of course is a personal thing but I love it. Very sophisticated. Understated. Above all the Prada leather is, bar none, my absolute favorite of all the designers i've experienced. Almost walked out the door today with this, but in blue (a...
Time to beat up on Bottega Venetta for what must be the most overpriced designer bags on the market. Recently dropped in Bottega Venetta specifically to fondle all of their bags. From a distance the cross thatched leather messenger bags are seriously eye catching. I've seen these worn on the street and they always appear understated yet sophisticated & elegant. And also masculine without trying to be macho or ridiculous yet still refined-looking. As far as appearance, I'm...
Benny I think was his name.
I was in Moustache last week and dealt with Ellis; everything about Moustache, from its decor down to their "fabric swatch book" imparts a sense of artistry and originality. The shop isn't typical, it's playful sartorially.I remain undecided but will probably commission a suit there because I feel they're competent and trust their guidance but also believe they'll give me the details as I want them.They will create a fully canvased suit by the way, unfused, not sure where...