or Connect

Posts by AAA

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Howdy, I am going to be spending some time in Hong Kong and figured it would be a great opportunity to have some shirts made by Ascot Chang. The conventional wisdom seems to be to order them from the the Peninsula Hotel rather than their other HK locations as the Peninsula has the most skilled staff. Any thoughts as to whether this is still the case? Thanks
Greetings from Beijing! I am suddenly in the need for a couple of suits, some dress shirts, and some slacks...which is what I deserve for being stupid enough to actually check my bags... Any recommendations? I know there have been a couple of short threads on this previously, but there wasn't much in them. I am looking for the highest quality tailor/fabric I can find in Beijing. Of course as is tradition at Style Forum I also want it to be inexpensive! I...
Hi, I am moving to Beijing in a few weeks to open my firm's Chinese office. I would appreciate any tips or insights on any aspect of life over there. I have spent a grand total of two weeks in Beijing previously, so while not totally unfamiliar, I am still clueless. As of right now I will be living at the Oriental Plaza. It was really a matter of availability as the other places I was looking at were full or wanted to gouge you during August. Any thoughts on...
Has anyone heard from Chuck at Carlo Franco lately? For whatever reason they won't answer any of my emails. I think someone mentioned he just returned from a trip recently and was "behind" on his emails. It has been over six months of waiting (and at least five ignored emails) for either my merchandise or a refund, but at this point any response from them would be appreciated....
Apparently the crime can be pretty bad, even for the teams.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/1251755.stm http://www.inforally.sibiul.ro/formu...a_hold_up.html
Has anyone been to any of the GPs outside of North America? I am really tempted to go this year, and I am trying to figure out which one makes the most sense. Sao Paulo sounds like a great time, but if the championship is already decided it could make it a less than dramtic event. Someone also told me that Bahrain is a real sleeper, and totally worth attending.
One of the problems with bespoke shoes is the long lead time. Although Tony starting his own firm certainly didn't help, shoes for whatever reason always seem like they take extra long. Then again it could just be a function of my bizarre feet.....
I actually have a pair of Bostonians that are at least 10 years old, and quite possibly 15. I can't pinpoint when I bought them, but it was definitely a long time ago. I have had them resoled three times, but alas they may be on their last legs. At this point in their lifecycle they fit my feet like a glove...
Pride is screwed if they don't get back on Japanese TV soon. With UFC now paying their main eventers in the 7 figures for a fight (depending on the buy rate), the economics of MMA has significantly changed over the past year. I will be interested to hear the number of buys the Pride PPV did.