or Connect

Posts by Traditionalway

Thanks ChetB, I'll have to check out the Lands End. I'm looking for something that isn't a tent. I'm not hipster skinny, but not V-shaped either. Looking for something that is both work appropriate and can use to kick around casually on weekends. After all, that is the beauty of the OCBD the sheer versatility of it.
Does anyone make a good quality, slim fitting OCBD around the $40 as a regular price? I know I can't ask for single needle, 18 spi, etc, but a well made shirt is all that is needed for daily wear. I know you can find many on sale, but I don't feel like waiting around for sales and then stocking up, nor do I feel like hunting around. I tried Uniqlo last time I was in China, picked up 2 for approx. $33 each, which were Ok, but fit toooo slim for me (maybe Asian...
For those of you who have ordered are you submitting shirt measurements or body measurements? All the positive reviews here make me really want to give a shot. If you gave body measurements did the shirt come out as wanted? or were tweaks needed? Cheers.
Thanks for the advise everyone. The Eton shirts I find tend to have more of an issue with the collar band more than with the collar leaf itself. It spreads out, leaving the collar looking like something John Travolta would wear in Saturday Night Fever. I looked at Ledbury. From their site the collars tend to look like wings as they sit parallel with the shoulders rather than standing up and the leaf turned down. I may order one to see how they are. I'll see if I can...
I am lookng for a shirt to wear without a jacket or tie where the collar retains both its shape and doesn't collapse. (No button downs please) Most shirts in my closet start off well, but after a couple of months tend to start to limp and bend strange. i wash by hand at home and hand press. Also very particular about using the stays correctly. So, i don't think it's me. I have a couple from Boss, Paul Smith, Zegna and Eton (no removeable stays). All are ok with a...