or Connect

Posts by Birks and Grey Socks

Just got back their NYC store. Staff was very helpful and professional. My personal biggest problem in OTR suits is my sloped more than average shoulders. I usually have to buy very soft shoulder suits. Most of the time I stick with Corneliani Leader, a softer shoulder drop 7. I find most (but not all) Canali and Zegna too stiff in the shoulders for my frame. I usually wear a 40R but went 42R in Suitsupply's Napoli and Roma fit, their two cuts with the softer...
The asking price is very reasonable given that it is one of the last non-modified low-mileage LHD TT Supras out there. Someone will pick this up.
I have the same problem. His traps makes his shoulder line slope a lot more than normal. I bet if he shrugs his shoulders, the divots will disappear. All the suit brands you mentioned have very strong shoulders. Try something with a very soft shoulder .
I'm ethnic Chinese, and grew up in HK. I try to avoid buying anything made in China if I can get away with it. And not just clothes
FWIW I received a couple of $40 sale MT shirts to Canada, and the $40 declared value was low enough that I didn't get dinged brokerage or taxes by Canada Post. OTOH, the ModernTailor shirts are so crappy compared to CT that I don't mind paying the occasional $20 to tailor the sides on my CT Slim shirts. I have a tiny bit of a belly, so the 'Tailored' CT shirts fit me like a glove. I for one have been very disappointed with my MT experience, crappy fabrics compared to...
Actually, usually when it's an extra % off, they take the % of the sale prices. Hence for Brooks Brothers, it's 20% off 60% of retail pricing , hence 52% off retail. Still not bad pricing for BB
Agreed great seller. Also agreed, the new B&S isn't the same. Less deals, as a result of less pressure on sellers to drop prices to bump.
1) NWOT Brioni pants in a nice light sun-bleached yellow. Made in Italy These are cut very modern and slim with a slight taper despite the pleats. These are not your father's Brionis. Construction is first rate as you would expect of Brioni, 100% cotton. Retail on these were at least $200-$300, but I'm asking $50 >> NOW $40 + $17 Shipping to Canada/CONUS. Items ships from Canada. W: 33" +2" T: 12" measured at 2" from crotch R: 11" I: 35 LO: 8.5" 2) NWT Luciano...
I find their mainline construction and fabric quality as good as Canali and Zegna. On a personal fit note, I do find that the OTR fit is 100% perfect on me as compared to the other 2 and that absolutely no tailoring is needed. The drape on shoulders is amazing and there is never bunching underneath the armpits in the back, and never any fabric rolling in the neck and traps area. For me I love that it is not as 'recognizable' of a brand compared to others, it means I can...
For sale is a new with tags NWT Incotex men's pants in 100% medium weight cotton houndstooth pattern fabric, good for year round wear. Brand new with all labels and tags intact, unaltered, never worn . European tag size 50, waist measured 34.5". Pants are unhemmed and unlined. The construction is sturdy and durable with an eye on particular details. Funky and unique pattern for wowing your SF friends on WAYWN threads. Style and features: Plain front Horn...