or Connect

Posts by Birks and Grey Socks

Up for sale is a Z Zegna sport coat in a 2 button stance with dual vents. The color is a brown pinhead. If you want to look like Ryan Gosling, this sport coat is for you! As with all Z Zegna the fit is slim and modern. So while the tag says 42 drop 7, I'd say this would work better for an size 40. The fit is very aggressive, almost RL Black Label. See actual measurements below. Made in Mexico. Asking $50 I am shipping from Canada and shipping is a little more...
Part 2 of my Tie blowout sale! I have for sale some NWT and used ties. I have a tie addiction, and it has slowly taken over my closet, so I’m thinning the herd. No holds, first to pay gets the tie. I am shipping from Canada and shipping is a little more expensive from here. You have two options for shipping for Canada/CONUS $6 gets you a tie that’s stuffed in an envelope with no tracking and no insurance. The tie may arrive wrinkled but you should be able to steam it...
The question is not "Is China technically capable of producing a quality garment/product?" ...because the answer is yes. The questions is " Can I trust a business culture that will seek to undermine long term consumer confidence by inserting...." - melamine in baby formula - antifreeze in toothpaste - phosphorus in glow in the dark pork chops - sodium nitrite and urea into beans sprouts to make them shinier at the vegetable stand - fertilizers that cause watermelons...
There were sill good pickings today. Some decent Canali and Zegna left in Ottawa. I picked up a 'spring-like pattern' 7 fold Tom Ford for $80, and a Canali for $42
I have for sale a size 40R Burberry sport coat in beige. Single vent in back. It fits very modern with a nice tapered waist. It does have an extremely subtle green and orange windowpane detailing. It does however look solid beige from 3 feet away. Canvas construction, nice and soft shoulders Shoulder 18.5" P2P 21" Waist 19.75" BOC 30" Sleeve 25" + 1.5" Asking $45 + $25 shipping from Canada to CONUS/Canada. Check out my other ads and I will happily combine...
I have for sale some NWT, NWOT, and used ties. I am shipping from Canada and shipping is a little more expensive from here. So shipping for any number of ties is $15 to Canada/CONUS. Will ship international at cost. 1) NWT Hugo Boss Selection, SOLD 2) NWT Armani SOLD 3) NWT Canali SOLD 4) Zegna in red and blue overlapping circle pattern. SOLD 5) Used Burberry in a very nice spring violet and yellow check pattern. SOLD 6) Last is a Duchamp. Not much to say....
I'm loving my Napoii and Roma cut suits, very soft shoulders. Will be buying a lot more from Suit Supply.
OK I'll actually be helpful. How to make your collars stand up http://unrefinery.com/article/the-ideal-open-collar I can recreate the RG (or TF if you prefer) any time I want by 1) wearing better quality shirts with better constructed collars. Boss shirts BTW are not that great for this effect, nor are Boss shirts all that great period. 2) I've also noticed classic collars work best (as opposed to wide or semi wide spread) 3) Using starch not on the collar points,...
I have an absolutely beautiful and brand new Canali tie for sale. This tie is a thick woven brown silk, and made in Italy. Very heavy weight and ties a beautiful knot. 3.5" x 58" Tie ships from Canada. $45 + $8 shipping to CONUS / Canada
suitsupply.com In your price range, likely the best you can do. For $500 you can buy a whole suit. Very slim and modern cut, also half or full canvassed. Unless you are in NYC, you won't be able to try them out, but their online ordering and return policy is painless. Check this board for reviews.