or Connect

Posts by Birks and Grey Socks

Unless my math is wrong, that's 77 days from now
The New York store can turn around most alterations including sleeves in about 1-2 hours. Alterations cost about half what I would expect from any competent tailor. Plus they have the benefit of tailoring nothing but their own suits for 8 hours a day, repetition breeds familiarity To another poster, I notice I have to size up about 1/2 a size in SS compared to most north american brands in Napoli/Roma fit, and 1 size in Washington fit. Mostly to clear the shoulders and...
Jacket looks great to me. Your tailor did a great job Pants I would slim a bit starting just slightly from the mid thigh, to a good deal by the time you get to the ankle. Since the leg opening will be smaller, you can get more aggressive with shortening the pants. I'd say at least 1-1.5" depending on your own taste. A good tailor will also take in the seat a little on the bottom. The seat is a little droopy right now, some extra fabric. I would burn those shoes...
They leak through the holes in the sole.
I've had may pairs with their stupid Respira technology. They all leak water in. I will never buy another pair again. Not a concern to you if you do not wear them in the rain or snow.
I have a bunch of Tom Ford squares. The quality of the silk is great, very 'springy' in texture and fills out a pocket nicely. They are not worth retail though. I've never paid more than $50 for one, which is possible if you do some hunting. I do find cheaper silks always crush within the pocket and look very wilted by days end. A budget minded alternative are silk squares from Robert Talbott, almost as good as TF, but can be had for ~$20 here on SF regularly. I...
For Sale, A Pair of NWT New with Tags Hugo Boss green label shorts. Great detailing, and tailored construction in the waist/crotch area (like a pair of dress pants), so that the waist size can be taken in or let out easily. These shorts are a poly/vicose blend, so they resist staining and wrinkling. Perfect for our summer. These are a beautiful pair of shorts, can be dressed up or down. Very conservatively styled. Tagged a size 36R, actual measurements are as...
I ask God that same question every week.
I have a pair of absolutely new condition Polo Ralph Lauren driving shoes in classic beige. These PRL are soft and oh-so-comfortable. Perfect for spring/summer around the corner. No Box, but never worn except to try on at the store, look at the pic of the sole. These are size 10.5D and i'd say they fit true to size. Actual color is closer to the first 3 pics which were taking in the sun. Asking $50 + $20 shipping to CONUS / Canada. Item ships from Canada so postage...
HEY YOU! Are your Ed Hardy t-shirts becoming too commonplace? Did you lose your job as a walk-on on Jersey Shore? Are you looking to start a professional wardrobe after landing that starter job at The Copy Center? If so, do I have the FS thread for you!!! I have 3 Sport Coats for sale after cleaning my closet. I am selling all 3 at a low low price of $45 each. Shipping is from Canada and the cost will be $28 shipping to CONUS / Canada, Shipping for a second or third...