or Connect

Posts by Birks and Grey Socks

Quote: Originally Posted by epb I always find it amusing that the last "real" car of any brand is the one the poster had. The 5-series since the E39 are no less real, though it does enjoy the strongest consensus I've seen for "last great 5-series," in the way that the 993 is still the last great 911. As far as lamenting the move to FWD - that hasn't even occurred yet! I agree that I'm not a fan of electric-assist power steering, though it's gotten...
Sorry to disagree. I owned two of the last of the real 5 series, the E39 M62, and then luckily the E39 S62. The E60 lost me for good, and the current F10 is merely a better interpretation of the pile of steaming turd the E60 was. I despair how BMW has moved to FWD, more and more xDrive, and the way they've completely bastardized their M brand into the forced induction, auto-tranny, iDrive, DCT...esq poseur-mobiles. But most of all, the road feel through the steering...
Was in similar boat. Of course it'd be very nice to get great italian suits. But on a budget, I got various $400-500 suits on sale for around $200-250, including a few RLs, but what always makes them look amazing is finding a good tailor and getting them altered just right. In the end with the money I saved got some really nice shirts and ties (including my latest score of a new Zegna couture for $65!). The final look with nicely chosen accessories and great shoes is...
sweet Panerai
I go in to browse. If the price is good, I'll buy, like the Zegna Couture tie I picked up this week for $67 at the HR in Ottawa, and a $36 Canali. Otherwise I find their Service mediocre, so I have no problems trying something on, and then buying it online. Only in Ottawa, would HR staff be considered as providing "good service".