or Connect

Posts by Birks and Grey Socks

arggggg.... Can someone get some info please, on sizes, prices, and items available...... PPPPPLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE !!
are you sure you are not a 36R? shoulders seem a little wide and too much excess fabric under pits. OTOH a 38 in the slimmer washington line may fit better
Stock dipped below $31. While I would love to be one to jump on the anti-hoodie bandwagon, I don't think the hoodie is the cause of the stock price's underperformance (although it sure doesn't help). Social networking as a business model is bound to fail. The average user does not want their data mined by F500 companies, and they don't want to pay for their use of the 'free internet'. Comparisons to google aside, most people can learn to exist without FB. Anyone...
A starter navy suit in a great navy textured pattern. Modern slim cut, notch lapels, dual rear vents and flat front pants. Great first suit for your first office job. Fabric is 100% wool in a medium year round weight. From Geoffrey Beene Size is a great 38R or can fit a slim 40 too. measurements are: S2S 18 P2P 21.25 Waist 19.75 Sleeves 25.25 + 2 BoC 30 Waist 34+0.5 Rise 11 Thigh at crotch 12.5 Inseam 30.25 + 2.5 LO 8.5 Priced at $50 + $25 shipping to...
For Sale: Strellson sport coat in a summery cotton and linen blend. Color is a great navy glen plaid with light blue detailing. Great looking jacket. Dual rear vents and notch lapels. Very light padding in the shoulders. I bought this jacket new and had it taken in at the waist. I've worn this less than 5 times. S2S 18.5 P2P 21.75 Waist 19.75 Sleeve 25 + 1.75 Bottom of Collar 29.5 Asking $60 + $25 flat shipping to Canada, CONUS. Item ships from...
^^ Agreed. If you are wearing suits every day, invest in good ones. If you cheap out, you will regret it later. A $250 suit is not a good deal if it sits in your closet after a while because you hate it. And find a good tailor. They can work miracles
Even though I've never paid more than 50% of retail in building my wardrobe, I'd say Its the wife that's the problem in this scenario, not the suit at full price. Unless of course, you are financialy irresponsible, unemployed and living on her money, compulsive gambler, using one credit card to pay the minimum payment on another, house poor.....etc. Otherwise man-up and grow a pair, and buy a few more suits at full price just to rub it in. Divorces are cheaper in the...
Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like a good deal at all. Judging by the large amount of $$$ shoulder work, I'd say you'd be better sizing down to fit your shoulders, and then letting out material in the chest. There's always at least 1-2" to let out between all the seams.
I've shopped in France, Belgium, NL, Germany, Italy, and throughout the US and Canada. You can find great deals here and there no matter which country. Last score were two mainline Zegna sport coats from an outlet mall in the NL for €200 each. If you are willing to do some digging and commando style shopping, your frame of reference for a "great deal" will be around 50-75% off retail. But consistently, I found the best deals to be in NYC. You can build a nice starter...
For sale is a gorgeous Brooks Brothers navy blue herringbone pattern blazer. Made in Italy! Very soft construction, and feels canvassed (but I can't be sure). Single vent in back and fits very modern with good waist suppression, taken in by a skilled tailor. A staple item, that will gets lots of wear, whether you pair it with neutral pants or a nice pair of jeans. Jacket is in excellent condition with no rips, tears or stains. Actual measurements are S2S = 19" P2P =...