or Connect

Posts by bmulford

did a search on your old posts but couldn't find the pics. so another request for pics + measurements. Or do you know the model name?
Went this afternoon. Hipster ladies trying things on in the aisles. queens with 2 to 3 bottles of cologne on snapping their fingers saying 'ohno you di'n't' and 'girlfriend...' aside from the people watching there were a few interesting deals. Suits/jackets weren't really deals @ $1k-$1.5k. A few $850 battistoni's. There was one Isaia velvet jacket for $400, but I bought it for me. Denim was more interesting. Rogan, PDC, Nudie, APC, and RRL on sale - between...
Just bought this Prada Saffiano Navy case:
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander Nice! I'll see what Lance has. Did you bite on anything? Not this time. really haven't been able to wear suits often in LA. Everyone is SO informal that an odd jacket is considered dressing up. So i've used the opportunity to get more comfortable in tailored casual fits.
Quote: Originally Posted by blofeld the convention center space is nice - you can hit Japan Town for lunch and then do some shopping. I went down there for the summer sale, but the prices were a bit high. Lots and lots of great basics, but around $1000 for Isaia and Batti suits, $800 for SCs. Lots of nice Kiton 7-folds for around $100 though. Ian has better stuff + better prices I think. +1. Trying to setup a visit to Ian's new...
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander Wish I in LA right now, I could use a couple of new suits. Anyone know when the warehouse sale is happening in NY? Virtual Clothes Horse just got in a bunch of Kiton suits.
Anyone going to the Warehouse sale today - Sunday? I might try to get to downtown today if possible. Not sure why it moved to the LA convention center, but hoping its better than the last few they held. http://www.barneys.com/Barneys%20New...efault,pg.html
I don't know if I'd compare VCH or Ehaber to STF. Visiting the store you'll see the scale of his operation. STP is a different animal all together. I asked him once about the return policy and his point was that the STP/Yoox's of the world have an enourmous return rate. If he were to mirror their policies it would reflect in the prices. Instead, he's focused on bringing in the very best goods across the board and offering the best up-front experience possible. The...
Thankfully my Wife encourages me - particularly if something is at favorable sale/retail ratio. If I can get an item at 25% of retail she usually pushed me to do it. That said, I set a fixed budget for discretionary spending, and anything that exceeds it is discussed. Its about common sense and cash management. I don't have any other expensive habits so as far as she's concerned its a bargain.
Quote: Originally Posted by ferguscan There is a lot of variation in your chest measurement. Can I ask why? Can you be a bit more precise? Also, not sure what you mean by "the padding brings it out to 19.5" when talking about the shoulder. Can you provide some more information on this? Thanks, Stuart Its been sold, but will answer your questions. The chest measurement is has a .5 variance. I'd not call that "a lot" but ok. ...