or Connect

Posts by username79

That's beautiful. Wish it was even a half inch longer!
Except when the lock is relatively weak and people push too hard. Very awkward moment as you meet eye contact with someone. The one time it happened to me I was mid-holding my phone up in the air while trying to browse Reddit with the shitty service in the bathroom.
People who drop glass bottles on the ground of the DC metro. Then pretend not to notice when the bottle rolls and slams into the metal divider every time the train shifts.
Dog walkers. And people that walk dogs on tracks. Jesus fucking christ. I get up early to run. No cars and less people. At least it used to be that way. I used to run downtown. I used to be able to get up at 6 and go for an hour long run and not see anybody else but a few runners. Couple waves but most people understand running is not a stop and talk activity. Then the city became 'dog friendly.' Dog friendly people get up at 5:30 and walk their dogs all over the...
I happen to be a fan of Cucinelli vests. Unfortunately they are getting hard to find and seem to be trading on the second hand market at prices around $700-$900 which seems a tad insane. I would like some alternatives. Example: Here's who I know of that makes a similar style, apparently considered an "Italian vest" consisting of down fill faced with suiting material which creates an interesting combination of the elegant and the rustic: - Loro Piana, generally same...
Pay it forward and sell it on eBay. You have now lived my worst fear over buying used stuff.
The period blood red Lexus is vomit inducing, especially since it's been unsuccessfully and garishly modified to make it less of a 40-yr old woman's daily driver.The Supra makes up for the offense to the eyes, at least partially. Nice car.
I currently commute into DC. I've decided I want to get a place downtown to be able to walk to work. That means I'll want to live in the Dupont Circle area. I currently have three cars, two M3s, E46 and E92 and a 911 Turbo. I understand driving in DC sucks. I'll get rid of the Turbo and maybe the E46. I want to garage park the E92, street park the E46 if I keep it. Keeping the E92 for weekend drives is worth it despite the negatives and additional expense. I have been...
I recently picked up a E46 M3 SMG as a commuter car and a HPDE car I wouldn't be too sad if I accidentally wrecked. I must say the SMG is all kinds of fun. I leave it in its fastest shift mode (S5) and in dry weather at high RPMs it shifts absolutely brutally fast. Upshifts are basically instantaneous clutch dumps. The feeling of banging through the gears at 8000rpm with this transmission is awesome, and triple downshifts (e.g. 6-3 on the highway to pass) are quickly...
This is bad advice.OP has a solid amount of experience on mainframes at this point. Mainframes are in use at many of the world's most important organizations and due to risk they will likely not be replaced for the foreseeable future (who gives a shit about them being "hot")-- people that have skills on mainframes and are still able and willing to travel are very rare.OP should round out his skills, quit his dead end job, and become an independent contractor. He can make...