or Connect

Posts by taylorstitch

Hey guys-- Sorry, I've been a little bit AWOL this past week! I'm playing a bit of catch up with your questions. First, let's get down to brass tacks regarding this issue with tagging-- that's all it is! The Yosemites are proudly manufactured here in the US. The facility that makes the Yosemites -- and our Jack and California shirts -- is close enough to our central office that we can drive over and pick up new deliveries instead of shipping them.There's been no change in...
Thanks guys for your kind feedback regarding the standard issue chinos-- we'll really thrilled that the first Workshop product is being well-received by our guys. It's the right fabric with the right construction with the right price and ethical pedigree, so we're pretty happy with the results.For everyone with sizing concerns / concerns regarding inaccurate size charts -- The maritime vest's sizing chart should be totally accurate to the patterns from the factory. We're...
It's pretty tough-- it takes a particular kind of press that we actually don't have in our shop or in the office. I also think the rivet leaves behind a pretty significant hole -- unlike tack buttons which, even though they're very heavy duty, actually only leave two fairly small pinpricks in the fabric. The pearl snaps are pretty bold. We were considering doing darker snaps, but in my experience dyed snaps are usually a little bit more fragile and tend to fall out of the...
Yeah! Let me figure out what the difference is and get back to you ASAP.Should be the same as last years! We ran some of our oxfords a little longer for wedding season, but the shorter length is the norm across the board and our production going forward is going to adhere to that. Our Portuguese dress shirts are now our go-to for longer dress shirts.Sorry they came in a little trimmer! I've got one in 38 and it does feel a hair slimmer. I think the fabric has a little less...
I haven't worn TOO much RT but I find that their stuff is pretty similar. In my experience our 38 is pretty close to their Medium and a 40 to the Large, to give you a starting point.The fella in red is wearing a size 40, as is the dude modeling the grey. (Say hi to Barrett and Michael, two of our three co-founders.) Dusty Blue is, I believe, wearing a 42. Plus, here's our fit guide-- which we're pretty sure is going to be quite accurate for the new shirts. The...
Hey guys! We're doing an AMA over at Reddit's MFA. Come check it out and ask Michael Maher, my boss, some questions. http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/2jfy4z/announcement_i_am_michael_maher_cofounder_of/
Sorry about that, dude! We will be running the Project jackets again in all shapes and fabrics. I don't know firsthand when sea-washed denim is going to get its turn, but I do expect we'll run it again. It may not be this season, though.It's gonna be something similar. I can't spill too many of the beans ahead of time, but if that pic is something that appeals to you I think you'll be a satisfied customer.
I think you're gonna have an exciting Fall. But if I told you more, I'd have to kill you.There's some exciting canvas fabrics coming through the pipe, but it's a little tentative right now. I'll keep in mind that there's interest on the ground for some stuff that's a little but further outside the norm, though!Interesting. We don't have anything on the horizon, but if there's enough interest in it something might pop in the Workshop in the near future. I'll keep you guys...
We should be running them again, but for the moment the washed versions of the Project Jacket are our go-tos. Once we clear through those we'll probably run them again in the waxed fabric.Thanks so much! I'll pass your feedback on our team at the Chestnut shop.Interesting -- we're always dialing in the fit of the basics. Do you refer to the v-necks, or the crewnecks?We don't currently have the Highland Shirt on the release schedule, but I'll definitely take note that...
Hey guys-- I'm syndicating a lil' something from our Taylor Stitch thread that I think might be of some interest to you. Taylor Stitch has had a lot of success carrying Rancourt shoes in our brick & mortar shops. We're excited to have the man himself, Kyle Rancourt, in our San Francisco shops this weekend. Swing on by to get some insight on shoe care from the master or talk a little shop. We'll be doing MTO Rancourt shoes, too, so come get while the getting is...