or Connect

Posts by horndog

Updated
It's honestly a car-by-car basis, like, some used imports are total timebombs (engine / trans replacements) and some just nickel dime you here and there. I would argue that 10 year old cars are more predictable than new models because, with any time spent on the make/model forums, you have a wealth of history on common problems. For example, rear subframe issues and cooling systems on the car in question. It's really the new car buyers who bear the risk of unproven...
So to be honest the two primary things that attract me to the ZHP are cosmetic; the M-tech body kit and wheels, which I think makes it look a lot nicer than the typical 330. Also, for whatever arguable reasons, they are in fact holding value. Where there's a niche, there's security. It's a nice idea to be able to drive it for a few years and be able to recoup some costs. What I need to do is drive the 330ci and ZHP back to back. And the E92 328i coupe too.
Convertible with a rebuilt title, but I get your drift HRoi. Most M3s I'd bother with are north of 20k. In that range I'd prob grab an A5 3.2l anyway.
I wouldn't pay his asking price in a million years, if it even gets that far. But it's my favorite color combo and has no Alcantara, which wears like shit. You all know BMW owners are notorious for inflating asking prices by 20% :P. I'm torn on having an M3 as a daily, really. I could get one but not sure I want the added costs and overlap with the Supra.
Quite right. That's why all these professional car reviews are highly edited videos of people bombing them around open tracks. That dream is a hell of a lot more fun and saleable than a review done in traffic at 8:00 AM by a bleary eyed dude trying not to spill coffee on himself. Also, GreenFrog, prepare for boner. I'm going to check out this ZHP soon and give em another shot. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4863726260.html
Those SMGs do not have great resale so the 6 speed conversion may improve resale, or at least, diminish its fall. I'd price out both options.
Yeah it's definitely better than most. I was referencing some morning news show the other day whose guest speaker, some local economist, mentioned that the area peaked in 2010 and has been stagnant ever since. I believe it. Maryland hasn't grown for three years. His main point was that DC is a company town and that federal pay and contracting spending have fallen. But you're right.
Sorry to hear of the SMG woes. How many miles are on the car and what's wrong with the trans exactly? I would also seriously consider a manual swap.
This is the land of entry-mid level german cars because the average contractor salary enables everyone to have one but then the cost of living and economic stagnation precludes much else.