or Connect

Posts by ColdEyedPugilist

Just in time for the scorching weather
Pics of the Aero as promised: [[SPOILER]]
No frills fit pic, better ones to come this Sat. On the whole, the Aero is a nice, high quality garment. More fitted than the Gibson Barnes A2. Higher arm holes as well. That said, the fit of the A1 (or A2) is such that you will never have a really slim cut because of the waist pockets. If slim is what you're after, a cafe racer-style motorcycle jacket is probably the way to go. My Schott 641HH is veeery fitted.
Sorry to hear that it was a letdown.Strange they don't have pleated chinos any more. I have 2 from BB, one purchased at DJs, the other, a tan linen one, from Martin Place. Might have run out )-:Also saw a pair of brown oxfords by Peale, but that might be gone too.
Think you'll like it. Decent range from casual to dressy; lotsa suits, jackets, pants, MTM option, shoes by Peale & Co, pool table...Enjoy.
After about 2.5 months, the Aero has finally landed: pics to follow soon...
When the master tailor points at the moon, what do you see, young one? His heroically unbuttoned surgeon's cuff... Or the moon?
Actually, I'm a Lean Practitioner / Consultant, and have been so for almost 17 years,I repeat: I've never had any problems whatsoever with regard to how I dress .Perhaps you guys are overthinking this a tad bit? This is 'Straya after all, and for good or bad, most people don't give a toss what you wear.Now, which footy/ rugby/ cricket team you support... That's a different matter (-:That said, I do tend to dial my level of formality up or down depending on the client in...
Tell me about it.These guys sure take a looooong time. Great service, but loooong. Guess that's the reality of most small to medium-sized artisan workshops: capacity often can't keep up with demand.Ironically, I ordered this about a week later than the Kelso A2, but it looks like it'll make it here first, given the current situation at Kelso (1 guy working on ALL the jackets).
Re: Pocket Squares Never had trouble with them... But maybe that's because I was already in my thirties when I started wearing them. In fact, my last two employers (current one included) approved of the sharp, suited-up look. That said, I'm noticing that more and more young-uns are rocking one these days, so... who knows? Perhaps it comes back to the whole issue of coherence (as postulated by Vox). Dark navy suit with a pin-dot gray silk tie, white shirt, black bals,...