or Connect

Posts by ColdEyedPugilist

Hey PB. How's it going?Concur about the pants. Feel like I've got the jacket just the way I want it with these latest commissions, and now it's time to deal with the tapering of the trouser legs. Think I 'll have a spare pair for the navy suit made up with two changes: less tapering + forward pleats.Why points on the linen square? Because of the coloured border. Believe points are only acceptable on linen or cotton squares. Prefer the look anyway.And lastly, you're spot on...
Thanks Stitchy.And your sense of style has ramped up dramatically since I was last here. Kudos.
Cross post from The Aussie thread: Shirt is a P Johnson MTM; both suits as well. Tie and PS are Drakes. Shoes are 4-year-old C&J Westfields. Mickey sticker on mirror belongs to my 4-year old bundle of joy.
Gotta get me to some of these Melbourne op shops...
Cross post from The Aussie thread: Shirt is a P Johnson MTM; both suits as well. Tie and PS are Drakes. Shoes are 4-year-old C&J Westfields. Mickey sticker on mirror belongs to my 4-year old bundle of joy.
Ha ha... Knew someone would notice that. My daughter decided that the mirror looked much better with mickey on it. No use arguing with a four year old Lesson I've learnt re-ties: never get too caught up in how pleasing a tie may look in isolation. Instead, try to visualise how well it complements the shirt / suit ensembles in your rotation. As I said above, the more flexible a tie is, the more likely I'll buy it.
Fit pics with new tie: [[SPOILER]]
A modest spoil from the Drakes sale: [[SPOILER]] Goes well with navy: [[SPOILER]] And gray: [[SPOILER]] For me, versatility is the name of the game.
@Foxy Take up a martial art (mma, boxing, kenpo, wing chun, krav, bjj etc. are some suggestions). Forces you to live in the moment, and it's great for fitness. Also something to be said for poetry in motion. When you're deep in the zone and flowing from technique to technique fluidly, it's an unbeatable feeling.
Problem is... I'm on my iPad most of the time, not my laptop.Doco sounds interesting.