or Connect

Posts by Shirts Anderson

Does anyone know of a good proxy service in Paris that will make a purchase in-store and ship to the US? I've consulted old threads but have come up with nothing so far. Any input would be appreciated.
Can you post measurements?
Adding my vote for the suede harrington in a classic color - medium or dark brown, or maybe dark grey or navy.
I can't speak for everyone else, but mine came directly from IM. I had the hope that it would settle down with some wear but that has not been the case. Unless I'm mistaken, this only seems to be a problem in the Arans. This picture actually does a pretty good job illustrating the issue. See the puff at the shoulder?
Hey gdl, do you have any insight into the "pirate shirt" issue some folks were talking about? It sounds like the knits you carried didn't suffer from this problem. Is this something you had to address with IM?
Interesting. I'm going to explore some options. Guessing it's not an inexpensive operation... RE: your cardigan not being full pirate, do you think that is a result of a request on the part of the NMWA guys? Whenever I read that x item has been "expressly made" for an individual store, I always wonder how far their specifications would actually deviate from the house model, if at all.
F'ing pirate shirt. I have the same thing on the navy aran knit I bought earlier this winter. On some wears it is less pronounced than others, but it's always there. At first I thought I didn't care, but the last few times I considered wearing it...I ended up putting it back and reaching for something else.
Agree with Zissou. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I thought one of the signs of quality knitwear was the absence of a lot of stretch during normal wear. And over two inches sounds like a lot. Thanks to the recommendations of this forum I've recently had success with blocking to get a little more length in the arms and body, but the donegal does not seem like a good candidate for that process.
Hey, I know this is a little after the fact, but just wanted to throw out my thoughts on the sleeve length issues. I'm about 6 foot, 42 chest, and I've found that my success with sleeve length varies from model to model. I just recently purchased a size medium navy crew neck from Nitty Gritty and a size medium classic aran crew neck (also navy) from IM directly. The aran fits beautifully but the plain crew is leaving me with frosty wrists, so much so that I'm...
Sadly giving up bicoastal living and closet consolidation must take place. Blazers and jackets are priced below: Patrik Ervell F/W 08 Unstructured Blazer in Grey Speckled Cashmere, size 42 – Awesome cashmere blazer in a sort of charcoal Donegal fabric. Ervell’s relaxed, unstructured fit. ¾ lined in cotton and silk, three working buttons at cuff, two side vents, inside pocket. Note that one of the threads on the label has broken and there is some slight yellowing of...