or Connect

Posts by Papa Doble

To sell something on SF: Create a classified ad. Optionally, add it to your signature by hovering over your user name in the top right, clicking "edit my signature", and selecting your ad under "Show off your stuff".
Thank you for the clarification.
Thank you. I was pretty sure this was the case.
Understood. I meant, when mdubs saysThe single oil soaked sole is known as the "flex sole" or typically called the "flex welt".Does he mean that flex welt is a (1) single leather sole, which is soaked in oil, or a (2) leather sole which is soaked in oil once?Similarly, when he saysThe double oil soaked sole is known as the "double Waterlock" sole.Does he mean that double waterlock is a (1) double leather sole, which is soaked in oil, or a (2) leather sole which is soaked...
These are incredible.
When you say single/double oil soaked sole, single/double refers to the amount of oil, or the number of layers of leather?
Those are awesome.
Agreed. In my post I said "they don't offer it in shell, but someone listed a shell MTO Mojave on eBay." I included this in my post to show it alongside the 1339. You could also compare the Mojave to Alden's suede chukka. The stitching in particular is remarkably similar.I don't really care if AE intentionally copied an Alden design. Alden may very well have done the same thing in the past. It's just an interesting observation.
I'm not aware of a chukka just like Alden's that pre-dates theirs, but I don't think Alden invented the chukka by any means.
The AE Mojave is pretty much a copy of Alden's chukka. They don't offer it in shell, but someone listed a shell MTO Mojave on eBay:Compare to Alden's 1339:AE's Patriot penny loafer seems to be their best replica of the LHS. Of course Alden doesn't own the rights to basic designs like these, and the Patriot doesn't resemble the LHS perfectly. But the Mojave is obviously a copy IMO.