or Connect

Posts by johnny_flapjack

Rather than anger my wife by ordering any of these, I'm passing along a potentially good deal. The link is to the "Odds & Ends" section of Robert Old's shoes. There are a few closeouts that might work for someone. If you look at the 'terms & conditions' section I believe it says that standard shipping anywhere in the world is included in the price. There's only a few models that I'd consider (probably not the sport hybrid model) but the boots, black oxfords and scotch...
While waiting to see if a good-natured SF'r whill come to your aid; 1) Post your size here - Coat, waist, pants inseam 2) Start scouring any thrift shops you've got close by.
Shell wingtips 10E - currently $10.50 with no reserve http://cgi.ebay.com/J-M-Crown-Aristocraft-Shell-Cordovan-Shoes-10E Seller also has some brown calf AE Moras in 11,12,13 - suede in the 13 as well. I love these Sutors. ADG had these a while back closer to my size but I passed. Since they are used, some better pics might be in order but I love the design. http://cgi.ebay.com/900-Sutor-Mantellassi-Brown-Buckle-Boots If the cashback comes back, these are a...
Quote: Originally Posted by chobochobo Oh nothing as systematic as that, it's more of whatever I feel like wearing at the time. But then I don't seem to get invited to those sort of parties anymore That must be due to word getting out about your lack of shawl collar tux.
This happened once before not long ago and it came back. Put it on the 'to check' list with GVH and all of those other sites that you check frequently for good deals.
Quote: Originally Posted by chobochobo Nice. If it were my size, I'd probably have gone for it as I don't have a shawl tux, although I have too many as it is. That's an interesting comment to me, as it sounds like you've identified a hole in your tux lineup. The hole in my tux lineup is currently the lack of a tux. I'm honestly not being a smartass here, but I've got to ask how one identifies the need for a shawl tux? I'm assuming it's...
Quit pretending that there's a 10.5 shoe out there that're you're opposed to buying. You're like a 10.5 all-star catcher lately - nothing gets by you.
Malaysian Ringgits are down a bit, putting handgrade C&J shoes from PLal at $420, which I believe includes shipping, and benchgrade at $335, which I don't believe includes shipping costs.
No, not just a Ralph Lauren Purple Label brown velvet coat, but a whole damn RLPL brown velvet suit. You better bein shape though: 44R w/ a 32 waist on the pants. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-Brown-Velvet-Suit-44-R
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow Why would anyone have a big sale before the Christmas rush... isn't it usually after? Surely you're aware of the giant sale day that is the day after Thanksgiving, right? They call it black friday b/c it's usually the first day of the year that retail establishments get out of the red and into the black. It's customary for retail establishments to have a big sale that day b/c many people have...