or Connect

Posts by johnny_flapjack

Quote: Originally Posted by erdawe I know this is a bit of a diversion, but what are the boots? They look really good. They're Shell Cordovan made by Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren. C&J also makes plain toe bluchers, wingtip bluchers, penny loafers and tassel loafers for RL, all of which are currently on the RL website. I don't know why they don't put these on the website as well. They should be on sale for 49% off right now, but since...
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgan Is this the same as the C&J Harvard? And how does it stack up against the Alden LHS? Similar to the C&J Harvard, but the Harvard is a half strap and the Darlton is a full strap.
What size suit do you wear?
Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack No, I'm serious. That's an Isaia tag. I agree. I went and looked it up in the Men's Clothing thread on labels, nail patterns, etc... Who'da thunkit?
DEAL for a one of you size 12's - or at least a deal currently. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Polo-Shoes-Crockett-Jones-made 12 declined offers. Who's next? http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-LOBB-CUSTOM-MADE-BESPOKE-BLACK-CAP-TOE-OXFORD-SHOE
Quote: Originally Posted by RichmondStyle Has HF discontinued the Barrett line? I can't find any mention of it on their website anymore. According to a sales associate I spoke with at Nordstrom (I think that's where I was) it's gone as of next year. When next year I don't know. It's too bad too, because it is a great cut. If this one doesn't sell, I'll probably get the coat cut down by an inch and keep the suit.
RIDER's the guy to ask this question. Cordovan varies in color - it's not uncommon to see two parts of the same shoe age or color differently. Whether those pieces came from the same hide or not I don't know. I seem to think I've got some variance in color on my Marlows and Darltons, but not terribly noticeable. Can you post a pic?
They should be $477 + another 15% = $405 I don't know whether the extra 15% is working online or not, but if not I'd call one of the stores and have them send them out to you. As far as 'worth it', depends on how badly you want them. It's probably the best price you're going to find anytime soon on brown shell cordovan penny loafers in your size. You miiiiight do better if you wait and hawn ebay and the B&S forum - but it might take you two years to find them...
Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack Made by Isaia. Seriously? I didn't see that coming. And now for some...... tweed madras? http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-CORBIN-TWEED-WOOL-PATCH-DESIGN-JACKET-COAT-42R
My advice is to read the forum and learn as much as you can about who makes decent quality suits and scrounge like hell for bargains. You'll be amazed at what you can find if you're patient and look LOTS. One of the biggest bummers that I'm sure (hoping for my sake) everyone does is that they start learning and go out and grab the first decent deal they see in an effort to upgrade their wardrobe. It might be six months later that you look at that suit and wonder why you...