or Connect

Posts by johnny_flapjack

1. Understood on the range issue. I watch enough of the Tigers' infield to understand guys with a good glove and no range. My point is that Cabrera is not the abortion at 3rd base that most people make him out to be.2. I'll agree that the Angels might not have gone 6-14 in the first 20 games with Trout, but they also might have. A decent number of those losses were blow-outs. He might have helped when it was a one run game, but probably not any more in the early...
The biggest problem with this argument is that the old-school vs. the Sabermetrics people have turned into the Democrats and Republicans who can't even have a conversation. Baseball Prospectus has 28 of 29 voters going for Trout. I'd assume old men who smoke cigars while they type their sports page articles on typewriters are just as staunchly behind Cabrera. The Baseball Prospectus voters are just as "sure" of Verlander for the Cy Young while it seems anyone else is...
These are pretty sweet. I have a 42R and a 42L, and I think I can get a 38R if anyone is interested. Side vents, pleated front pants, basted sleeves w/ buttons included, unhemmed pants, handwork everywhere, etc, etc, etc.... Very nice cashmere fabric, as you would expect. The coat seems to have a trimmer cut than the old man db I would expect form Kiton. It fits me really well... 48RSOLD SOLD SOLD Jacket Chest - 41 Waist - 39 Shoulders - 18.125 Sleeve - 25.5 Length...
NWT Isaia shirt, tagged size 17. Very nice, just doesn't fit me well. The shirt tag is the newer style, so it's got to be a recent make. All cotton, no pocket, single button cuffs, etc... Chest - 51 Waist - 49 Shoulders - 20.5 Collar - 17.25 Sleeve - 27.25 (or 37.75 from the center of the collar) Price includes shipping in the continental US. Buyers elsewhere pay actual shipping charges.
I bought this for myself, but apparently I'm an XL in BC? Purple/lavender check, button down, double button cuffs w/ sleeve placket button, pocket, nicely made, $395 retail. Chest - 45.5" Waist - 44" Shoulders - 19.75 Sleeve - 25.25 (or 36" if you want to measure it like a shirt sleeve) Collar - 16.375 Price includes shipping in the continental US. Buyers elsewhere pay actual shipping.
Both of these kick a lot of ass, and the RL Polo flannel pants are getting harder to find at a good price. Walk into work with the confidence of knowing that nobody is going to be wearing pants that kick more ass than yours. RL Polo: US 36, 100% Virgin Wool heavy flannel, Made in Italy (Corneliani?) Regent Model, tan and mid-brown houndstooth with a faint moss green windowpane. Regent: Waist - 35 Rise - 11.5 Inseam - 38 unhemmed thigh - 14 knee - 11 ankle - 9.25 @...
Loro Piana makes top-notch cashmere sweaters, so no puffery needed. 100% Cashmere, $695 retail, tagged size is 54, chest measures 45". The color is a pale light green that's sort of mottled or heathered with white if you get up close on it. It's a sweet sweater, and it fits me, so I won't be too sad if it doesn't sell. Price includes shipping in the continental US. Buyers located elsewhere are responsible for actual shipping charges.
Most of you will not be cool enough to pull this jacket off. I am definitely cool enough, it just doesn't fit me as well as I'd like. The fabric is 35% wool / 35% linen / 30% silk. It's sort of a slightly darker tan (british khaki) base with brown and blue windowpanes in a wide stripe and a thin blue windowpane over the top - if that makes sense. If the pics don't represent the fabric well enough I'll get some better close ups of the fabric soon. The model is Rover...
** I've got the charcoal pinstripe in 54R. A helluva deal for a staple suit. One last try and then off to ebay All of the 52R suits are gone** You ever had one of those days where you realize you overbought on Isaia suits and then mostly stopped wearing suits and that you had a whole ton of money tied up in NWT Isaia suits just hanging in a closet? No? Yeah, uh, me neither.... Anyhow, I took just a few pics because I'm assuming most people know what an Isaia suit...
A bespoke tailor can pull off most anything.