or Connect

Posts by johnny_flapjack

So this was my first shot at ordering from Gustin, and they are right that they use vanity sizing much less than other brands. I ordered a 34 in a straight fit, which actually measures 33.5 - 34 with the waistband stretched flat. No go for me. Next order in place... These are just as they came out of the package on Friday. I tried them on once. Check Gustin's website for all of the pertinent info and a fit chart. Here's the link to the product page for this...
This is what happens when they have open bars at charity auctions. It's for a good cause, you see... Victorinox Airboss 241507, brown leather strap, New In Box. Really just trying to get my money back on this one. I've seen them go for $550 - $600 on ebay. It's on timepiece.com for $659 and Amazon / WatchesOnNet-com for $604. There's also a good write up and pictures at watchuseek.com from a happy buyer if you google "Airboss 241507" Here's the description from...
Just passing along a deal here. I think I bought these from Ed when he was blowing out some stuff. THese are cut for a slimmer guy with a 36" waist. I'm more one of those hefty type 36's. Anyhow, they're a nice charcoal worsted, no belt loops - side adjusters instead, horn buttons w/ button fly, only one rear pocket on the right side, nice blue herringbone shirting fabric lining the waistband and pockets, and some more awesome pants stuff..... They're going for $350 on...
OK, so I've got a pile of shirts that didn't work for me for one reason or another. All are NWT. The 16.5's 1) Borrelli for Bergdorf Goodman. Given the hand attached collar and thick buttons, I think this is one of the pre 2010 shirts, which had more handwork. This is a 50/50 blend of linen & cotton. Some slubs in the fabric. A great summer shirt in a nice white base w/ yellow and corn flower blue plaid. Shoulders = 22", Chest = 51", Sleeves = 37". $150 SOLD SOLD...
I've got three pairs of Crockett & Jones shoes in size 10.5 US for sale. I didn't really bother to look up which model the first two were, but they're C&J for Barney's and they're benchgrade. I'd say the bluchers have been worn fewer times than the bals, but they're both in great shape with fairly minimal wear. Check out the soles and the heel pics - just a good polish and you're on your way. $235 each pair or both for $425 The C&J for Ralph Lauren pair should be...
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Brand Spakin' New With Tags Barbour Beaufort. Tagged size 42, Olive color with brown cord collar. Snaps for an optional (not included) hood, also zippers & snaps to secure an optional (not included) liner. Original Barbour Tartan Lining, waxed cotton exterior that you brush or surface clean - no washing. This is the kind of finish that improves with age and wear. Heavy brass zippers, thru pocket on the back with zipper access on both sides. Also...
I don't know why I can't pass up the thick, fuzzy Isaia winter ties, but I seem to have amassed a stack of them that I'm not wearing - so out they go. All are labeled as 7 fold, all are 3.375" to 3.5" wide and 1. Royal Blue with red / light blue double stripes and pearly white stripes. 100% cashmere. 60.5" long. 2. Dark Green / cream heather. 100% cashmere. 59" long. 3. Dark Brown / Black / Eggplant tones. 100% cashmere. 60" long. 4. Light/mid Gray w/ Eggplant /...
1. Understood on the range issue. I watch enough of the Tigers' infield to understand guys with a good glove and no range. My point is that Cabrera is not the abortion at 3rd base that most people make him out to be.2. I'll agree that the Angels might not have gone 6-14 in the first 20 games with Trout, but they also might have. A decent number of those losses were blow-outs. He might have helped when it was a one run game, but probably not any more in the early...
The biggest problem with this argument is that the old-school vs. the Sabermetrics people have turned into the Democrats and Republicans who can't even have a conversation. Baseball Prospectus has 28 of 29 voters going for Trout. I'd assume old men who smoke cigars while they type their sports page articles on typewriters are just as staunchly behind Cabrera. The Baseball Prospectus voters are just as "sure" of Verlander for the Cy Young while it seems anyone else is...
These are pretty sweet. I have a 42R and a 42L, and I think I can get a 38R if anyone is interested. Side vents, pleated front pants, basted sleeves w/ buttons included, unhemmed pants, handwork everywhere, etc, etc, etc.... Very nice cashmere fabric, as you would expect. The coat seems to have a trimmer cut than the old man db I would expect form Kiton. It fits me really well... 48RSOLD SOLD SOLD Jacket Chest - 41 Waist - 39 Shoulders - 18.125 Sleeve - 25.5 Length...