or Connect

Posts by pandionknight

Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint +1 You can't blame the tailor outrightly. It was probably the previous owner of the jacket who smoked in it. But I agree, have it steam cleaned. Yes it is a thrifted stone coloured jacket that definitely didn't smell. It's one of the checks I do when buying. I hate even passive smoking! It was bought some months ago and I have been waiting for the warmer months before wearing it out. IF...it had smelled...
Thanks for all the replies. I've not seen any in my email. How do you subscribe to a thread? As non-smokers we would have noticed for sure if the jacket had smelled before. It did not. It has hung in his shop for a full week. Today has been a very cold breezy day and the jacket has been aired most of the day. This has made a vast improvement. I'll try steaming too and then I think it will be fine. This has made me reconsider taking an off the rack suit to him for...
Hello Everyone. This is my first post here. I'm relatively new to the sartorial life having gradually improved my wardrobe over the last couple of years. I've learnt a lot reading blogs. Last week I decided to take a corduroy jacket I had bought second hand into a tailor to have the plastic buttons (a couple were missing) replaced with a full set of horn ones. Having researched the cost of a set of horn blazer buttons, I was pleasantly surprised at what I thought was a...