or Connect

Posts by bunty

Drugs were seen as 'hippy' weren't they?
We were talking about drink the other day, when I was a kid in the 80s we did drink (lager or bitter usually, not shorts or shots etc like now) And I don't know if we are just old gits but there's no way we used to get as mullered as kids do today. Was it down to the money? Or my memory You didn't have the big binge drinking culture back then did you? Was it more like a few in the afternoon, (fall asleep back at work ) then Fri/Sat nights, after all we got...
I agree with Little Queenie too. 'Pint of bitter....in a thin glass'
Yep, I've just re-read it too, my mistake - that's how myths are spread! Thanks MoM, I didn't know you cared!
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery Blimey, where do you dig these things out from, bunty? Anyhow the pic below (thanks Alex)... ... is a low quality photo of a photocopy from the Radio times 4th Dec 1969. Do I recall that someone was querying the appearance of Fred Perrys until 1970? Although the definition in the photo is very poor and I can't see any logo, I would say that the bloke third from left is wearing an FP, and maybe even the...
Steptoe and Son (1970) (Just the first 30 secs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQq8...yer_detailpage
Some more photos from '71. Arenal July 71 Arenal July 71. I think buttons on the collars are undone to make them 'flip out'? Arenal July 71
What strikes me is that for about 4 years (66-70) 'the look' was relatively similar, then all of sudden it goes t*ts up! What happened?
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart But Lasttye would say it died in 1970/71 September 1971 Pretty dead I'd say! BTW Are those strides 'bags'?
Quote: Originally Posted by Alex Roest Nigel Mann in "The Soul Stylists": The first time I saw a Skinhead was when Chelsea came to play Leicester in 1968. Tons of them showed up. I was absolutely fascinated by their dress, their style. Within a week we all had our hair cropped and barbers had never been so busy. It's hard to convey just how different things were in the '60's and '70's. Fashion emanated from London and the further afield you lived the...